Yeti GOBOX Collection

Mountain Men on History Channel

Sorry guys I tried and tried but it just wasn't as 'Mountain manny" as I was hoping. I too thought the Alaska stuff was more interesting.

By the way I really like Ice road truckers, Swamp people and a few others.

Randy your show is in no danger of being displaced, I think a show on Trappers would be way more interesting. You'd have plenty of people to film and they wouldn't have to make anything up. It is what they do. There are trappers in all parts of the U.S and Alaska I feel like it wouldn'tbe any more devisive than what was shown last night.

Last edited:
Big flop! The hyped drama was a joke.Okay,Hem, back track here.The Alaska guy was cool, and though he had the plane and sled, he still had had to watch his chit.The N.C. guy was self-sufficient,koodoos to that,but otherwise over-hype.The Montana cowboy was a joke,I was wishing that disobediant short hair got chowed.The boot tracks in the snow that were supposed to be griz tracks was retarded.Back to the N.C.guy,...never seen building a tree stand so challenging,labor intensive, and otherwise life threatening.Sorry, thumbs down.

Hated it. I can think of ten things that would be more interesting.

1) Flight Attendant - Turn off your phone. Tray tables up. Welcome to?
2) AAA Roadside Help - Out of gas. Jump start. Flat repair
3) Dry Cleaning - Wow look at that stain
4) Coors Field Beer Guy - Hey get down. No more Coors Light?
5) Roadside Trash Pickup - Dang another Playboy. Doesn't anyone read Hustler anymore
6) TV News Anchor - I can read the words and look at the camera at same time
7) Meter Reader - Run dog!
8) Mail Man - Run dog! Followed by threat of going Postal followed by therapy
9) Driving Water Truck for Frac Crew in ND - Sleep 22 hours per day
10) Campground Host - People parked on grass. Dogs off leash. Non payment. Beer bottles in pit toilets.

Not sure what was so special about the Montana guy, hell thats everyday life a little bit south of Darby.

Go figure; I can start a fire with a bow, work a team, disk a plot without falling on my butt, run a manure spreader, train a dog to come when called, deer hunt, set a trap string and fly a taildragger. I can scrape hides, make buckskin, make jam, can food, rive shingles (I even have my own froe for splitting the shingles), build a tree stand without driving two pounds of nails in a perfectly good tree. Does that make me a mountain man? Where's Jeremiah Johnson when you need him?

The guy up in the Smokies grew up three blocks from me and went to school with my kids. I don't know where he and his friends got the money to buy over 1000 acres of mountain property. That stuff doesn't go cheap, and he owns over 500 acres of it.

Here's a little bit more for those of you who didn't get enough last night. http://www.history.com/shows/mountain-men/videos/shingle-ingenuity#shingleingenuity

Yeah I was pretty disappointed. The Alaska guy is probably the most interesting. Seems like you run the biggest risk of losing your ass, literally, in AK.

The Montana guy is hardly living a mountain man's life. You can find better "mountain" folks up north of Polebridge, or heck right up Trego for cripes sake. Tom was living in luxury up there. Wouldn't a true MT mountain man have a 150 foot long greenhouse growing "tomatoes"? I know Trego is full of those.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed. The Alaska guy is probably the most interesting. Seems like you run the biggest risk of losing your ass, literally, in AK.

The Montana guy is hardly living a mountain man's life. You can find better "mountain" folks up north of Polebridge, or heck right up Trego for cripes sake. Tom was living in luxury up there. Wouldn't a true MT mountain man have a 150 foot long greenhouse growing "tomatoes"? I know Trego is full of those.

I think most of those living off the grid, are selling meth, or other types of drugs. How else do they make a living?

Was that a ski resort or the guys house? Just because youre 100 miles from a grocery store doesnt mean youre a mountain man if your living in a Dennis Quaid-like mansion. SMH

Ill bet the hippie has a impressive marijuana grow and shroom factory to compliment the vege garden ;)

Ill bet the hippie has a impressive marijuana grow and shroom factory to compliment the vege garden ;)

That would explain how he could afford the place. My hope is that like most of the stuff from History they will find better characters as they go. Swamp people didn't start with the two brothers and Ax men added some entertainment after season 1.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back