Mount Rushmore of Meats.

Food groups are just city speak for meat mountains, seafood mountains, dessert mountains, etc.

Even the food pyramid is symbolic of a culinary mountain range.

I’ve seldom met a bad food. I’ve eaten some food that bad cooks ruined but that wasn’t the food’s fault.

1. Medium rare grilled ribeye steak.
2. Medium rare elk backstrap,grilled and caressed with loving strokes of garlic butter and anointed with a sprinkling of kosher salt.
3. Whole oven roasted chicken with potatoes, onions, and carrots and gravy from the drippings.
4. Grilled cheese burgers with just a hint of pink in the middle and topped with blackened seasoning and blu cheese crumbles.
5. Bacon. Fried thin and crispy on a homemade biscuit with cheddar and a fried egg or curled around a cream cheese stuffed jalapeño and grilled.

Last edited:
BTW, I'm very much joking about the meat substitutes! I went to a burger joint in Bend, OR that was fake meat. (Next Level Burger or something?) My daughter-in-law still laughs at me about that day. She said when my son and I realized what was up the combination of anger-confusion-deer in the headlights was something she had never seen before. We walked (ran) out and went to Baldy's BBQ and ordered ALL their meat.

My favorites in no certain order:
Good Steak
Brisket
Oryx backstrap
Salmon

If you read this and it makes you hungry for home grown pork or beef see @herdandpasdel on fb and ig

Use promo code: HUNTTALKMAN for a buy one get one 0% off your next order

Last edited:
Back