Caribou Gear Tarp

Mother-Son Tag Team!

genesis273

Sorry Flipper for the title!
S4200266.jpg

Today was the NC muzzle loader opener.
I had planned on taking my son Hunter (13 years old) on his first Muzzleloader hunt today on our new lease. I have put up a buddy stand specifically for my son, daughter, and wife to hunt. I was not going to touch it! He was going to have the first shot since his sister killed two on a youth hunt the other week. The other day my wife said, "I`ll sit with him and you can hunt out of your stand". What a woman! She has never used a muzzleloader and was actually scared of it at first. I went over with her all she needed to know last night on how to use it.
This morning I dropped them off and went to my stand (500 yrds away). At 815 I heard a shot and thought it was them but couldn`t text them because they left their phones. A minute later I heard the "tink, tink, tink, tink" of Tammy reloading. I just smiled and hoped he didn`t miss. Thirty minutes later I hear another shot then the "tink, tink, tink"!
He shot both deer, a doe and a button head. His first double. They saw 12 deer, three were bucks chasing does. I did see 8 deer, two bucks but no good shots.
It was a great morning!

Last edited:
Spectacular! If I could get my 10 year old daughter to shoot something other than 22 I could have gotten her on some does for the youth hunt here. Maybe next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back