Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

More Dubya Dishonesty....

JoseCuervo

The GAO had to step in and tell Dubya that he seems to be "streeeeeeeeeeeeeetching" the bounds of honesty....

Bush to GAO: Faking the news to dupe seniors is wrong?
The General Accounting Office released a final decision on the fake news segments produced by the administration to promote the new Bush Medicare bill. The GAO arrived at the same conclusion that would take the average American about 30 seconds to reach: pretending to be someone else to push your ideas is wrong. Particularly when you're the federal government.

In January, the administration sent a series of pre-packaged video news releases (VNRs) to local TV stations hyping the benefits of Bush's new Medicare drug benefit. The VNRs ran on at least 40 stations across the country — maybe you saw one. Here's the hitch — instead of stating they were from the government, the "stories" ended with the lines "In Washington, I'm Karen Ryan reporting," and "In Washington, I'm Alberto Garcia reporting."

The GAO calls that "covert propaganda." By failing to identify that the reports were produced by the government, the audience did not know who produced the ads. In other words, the Bush administration tried to hide the truth from the public.

Sound like any other Bush policies you can think of? Here, we'll get you started: cost of the Medicare bill, size of its benefits, the Cheney Energy Task Force, Iraqi WMDs, the Iraqi prison abuse scandal, No Child Left Behind funding — you can take it from here.

You have a source their bud? Certainly wouldn't expect anyone to take you're word for it now would you??
hump.gif

Never mind; I guess this explains it.

http://www.democrats.org/blog/comment/00010668.html

Hell of a note! Got one Bush basher calling the President a liar as sworn to and attested by a whole pack of Bush bashers and documented liars.

I'm convinced!! :(

[ 05-22-2004, 11:31: Message edited by: pawclaws ]

Nut,
Yeah, but you are probably smart enough to be able to spell GAO..... That gives you an unfair advantage over Paws....

It is funny, but Paws so far has not been able to dismiss Dubya's dishonesty, so he just trys to attack the source. Dubya got busted red-handed, and now Paws is struggling with the realization that his Hero is just another High Fence Huntin' Texan, prone to lying, exaggerating, and other character flaws....

Shoot I can spell GAO and even PL97-255 which you may wish to become very familiar with there EG! :eek: By the way EG, Bush isn't my hero; but he sure beats the alternatives presented so far. Shoot even Clinton is a better citizen than you EG; both of them!!
hump.gif

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back