Caribou Gear

More bad news

Mycoplasma bovis is a cattle mycoplasma, obviously. The pronghorn would need to be in close contact with the source of the bacteria for transmission to occur, which is much more likely during harsh winter conditions where wild ungulates might congregate at livestock feeding locations. A similar situation occurred with a CO bighorn sheep herd during the harsh winter of 2007-08, although it wasn't M. bovis but Mannheimia haemolytica. A small herd of bighorns were gathering where a rancher was feeding his cattle. I believe they ended up finding 21 sheep carcasses from that die-off. The Taylor River and Fossil Ridge herds were closed to hunting for several years after that.

Going up through part of a wintering area north of town this weekend. Really hoping the pronghorn we have been seeing and doing ok are still ok. Some bucks had great horn growth so far.
Saw a good number of sage grouse along the highway also a few weeks back.

Going up through part of a wintering area north of town this weekend. Really hoping the pronghorn we have been seeing and doing ok are still ok. Some bucks had great horn growth so far.
Saw a good number of sage grouse along the highway also a few weeks back.
I have seen another 6 lay down and not get up between lander and Riverton WY. My rough math watching groups shows we’re are getting to around 60% mortality… Not a great method but it is a sample…

Talked to a Biologist today about tag numbers. Though no numbers would be talked until after the regional meeting, the words grim, severe, and it’s still winter did. 😕

Talked to a Biologist today about tag numbers. Though no numbers would be talked until after the regional meeting, the words grim, severe, and it’s still winter did. 😕

I'd find a different Bio to talk to, proposed tag numbers are on the web site.

Where, the list I looked at did not have any cuts yet…. Usually they don’t post them until after the public input meetings which are just starting…

I'd find a different Bio to talk to, proposed tag numbers are on the web site.
My understanding was those numbers are not the numbers that will make it to the commission. The meeting next week will likely see further cuts. I was told to check in end of next week for a clearer picture of what it will look like.

May she was full of it, but it I see no reason for her to mislead me.

So looking at it the unit I’m looking at has an increase of 4 tags based on that data. With the mortality I find that hard to believe.

Just ensures that the other units with doe/fawn tags still allocated get absolutely pounded compared to gently pounded as usual. I find it highly unlikely guys focused on X unit simply hang up their packs for the season rather than go move their pressure to some other unit.

Just ensures that the other units with doe/fawn tags still allocated get absolutely pounded compared to gently pounded as usual. I find it highly unlikely guys focused on X unit simply hang up their packs for the season rather than go move their pressure to some other unit.
Don't understand the comment. Tags are still limited. Only affects draw odds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back