MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

montana unit 316

buckeye in ga.

I will be going into unit 316 of Montana for season opener 9/15 guided elk hunt in wilderness. Any comments or anyone know forcast for elk in this area. Will be leaving Georgia Thus. pm, picking son up in Ky. than driving straight to Cody, Wy, spend a couple days sightseeing yellowstone, then ride into camp. One day to organize before opening day, hopeing to come out with 2 bulls.

i was there this weekend. the weather is warm and the elk are heating up. the 15th should be about perfect for the peak of the rut

Everytime I've been in that country openning week it has been crowded at least by MT standards. Too much pressure and the elk move into the Park. Then there's the additional competition from the bears and wolves....you'll do well to go 2 for 2 on bulls. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Now I got the record. Just not right letting the newbies hold it. 😂. Can’t believe no one coughed up any honey holes.
Maybe @Greenhorn has yet to log on this morning. One time he slipped up and let the cat out of the bag about how Mill Creek was a hot spot for large mule deer that often had large bulbrus droptines. Place was shot out in just one season.

Good luck on your hunt, but if I happen to see you hunting in seven this year I am pointing to this thread as evidence that you are hunting in the wrong area.

After 24 years of applying, I finally drew this tag. Anyone got any hot tips for me on where and when to smash a giant? I plan to hunt the whole season as long as I have good cell service to be able to put out my content.
Original post is almost as old as the number of points you had😆😆

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back