Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana Turkey Success

mthunter

I Decided to tag along with a friend to Eastern Montana. It was a power run across the state just for a couple of turkeys. We left in the middle of the night for a six hour drive. Arrived at first light. Got on our gear, and heard are first turkey with in ten minutes.

Got to with in two hundred yards of two gobblers, as we went to get set up, two whitetails jumped up ad started sounding the alarm. Both of the turkey's stopped talking. The rest of the day was a bust.

Next morning, we came back to this same location. Spotted a good group of birds on private land. We watched them for three hours before they made their move towards the river and public land. We set up in a spot we thought they would come thru. Ten minutes later, here comes the Tom and three hens. He wanted no part of us and our decoys. We sat still, and five minutes later three jakes came in for a closer look. With time being short, we decided to take these three jakes. My friend shot two and I shot one.

Loaded them up, hunted our way back home (I still have one tag left) with no luck. Still a great trip. Nice to see some new country. Montana is a special place for sure.

Looks to be some nice birds, congrats on the good eating.

Them birds will be good eating. Congrats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back