NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Montana region 7 antelope numbers?

MTGunner

I drew an antelope tag for region 7 for upcoming fall hunt. The 'loper numbers have been down but have they improved to any extent? I hunted region 7 in 2012 and did take a reasonable buck after a lot of glassing and a long stalk. BTW, it was one of my most memorable hunts to date. I do enjoy a good but difficult stalk. I have been booked onto a large ranch via block management near Forsythe. Just looking for input. Thanks in advance for the help. MTG

As far as I've noticed the speedboat numbers have been increasing every year since the winters of 10-11. Still not what they were prior to that but they have been rising. I can't speak for the Forsyth area as much as much as more eastern Montana.

How entrenched are you in the Forsyth area?

Not sure about all of the region, but the area in region 7, from Custer and east to Forsyth and north to Jordan took a beating like no other. It wasn't just the bad winter, it was several years of EHD, starting in 2006, and a half dozen years of continued over hunting on a pummeled herd. It'll take a decade of good weather to recover -The last 2 year's I've been seeing fewer than 10% and fewer of what that place was in 2005. I'd suggest leaving it be up north. South of the interstate is doing ok.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back