Montana Mule Deer Mismanagement

I hunted some good mule deer country and didn’t see 10 deer total.
I took mama and the kids east this weekend. Didn't find 1 deer on public saw maybe 15 on some private. Pretty bad when my 9 year old goes jeez dad why did we drive all the way out here for this nothing even lives out here. You could've just shot one of the ones behind the house.

During archery i think in the 10 days i was out hunting i saw 5 deer on the public and it is about as primo country as it gets.

we did find a group of unicorns though..... cow elk on public last weekend of the season.

Friend of mine in Glasgow said he counted 60 deer in trucks he just saw driving around town. Not one of them he could tell was even a 4pt.

I took mama and the kids east this weekend. Didn't find 1 deer on public saw maybe 15 on some private. Pretty bad when my 9 year old goes jeez dad why did we drive all the way out here for this nothing even lives out here. You could've just shot one of the ones behind the house.

During archery i think in the 10 days i was out hunting i saw 5 deer on the public and it is about as primo country as it gets.

we did find a group of unicorns though..... cow elk on public last weekend of the season.

Friend of mine in Glasgow said he counted 60 deer in trucks he just saw driving around town. Not one of them he could tell was even a 4pt.
Makes sense. I should clarify that I was hunting private opening week that gets zero pressure. Landowner didn’t know where all the deer went.

It took a day and a morning of hard hunting for me to shoot my buck this year on BMA land. Never takes more than two days. Saw about 25 deer including this and two other nice bucks - one a massive whitetail ... that I missed. I think I saw less deer this year but hard to make a quantity assessment when only in the field a few hours every season.
20231121_112734.jpg

It took a day and a morning of hard hunting for me to shoot my buck this year on BMA land. Never takes more than two days. Saw about 25 deer including this and two other nice bucks - one a massive whitetail ... that I missed. I think I saw less deer this year but hard to make a quantity assessment when only in the field a few hours every season.
View attachment 303796
You are a legend.

View attachment 303796
Norris road?

View attachment 303796
I thought you made a quantity assessment based off how many deer (ate your grill, near miss, edge of road, ditch, right of way fence) you surveyed as you cruise highway 2 rapidly?

I thought you made a quantity assessment based off how many deer (ate your grill, near miss, edge of road, ditch, right of way fence) you surveyed as you cruise highway 2 rapidly?
Can’t hit any this year, there’s none around hwy 2. And the landowners around where he killed that public land warlock would disagree with his assessment of deer numbers.

View attachment 303796
Beautiful buck and some great looking country. Congratulations

View attachment 303796

View attachment 303796
Don’t derail the thread. This is about mismanagement. Only anecdotal observations that support the rant are allowed.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back