Montana Land

Longbeard02

Just purchased a small ranch in central Montana and need some advice. We plan to put a recreational - retirement type home and want to know your opinion on a stick-built vs. a steel/metal (i.e. Morton Bldg) type of home. Looking for someone who knows more about this to give us some advice on which one holds up better to the elements, is warmer, etc. Any other additional information or experiences would be greatly appreciated (solar - geo thermal etc.) We have built a couple homes here in NC but our weather doesn't match the West as far a cold and wind. Trying to get some ideas before we start process on building house. Also, if anyone may know a good builder around Great Falls area.

We are in the middle of building just what you describe. I'll send a pm with pis over the weekend. mtmuley

Congratulations. I have been kicking this idea around myself lately. Im in my 30's so i am planning on getting the land first and sitting on it a few years. If you go the Morton bldg route i would love to hear how your experience is. I have been looking at some of their shop with living quarters designs and they look pretty nice. I would love to track your build for inspiration.

Just purchased a small ranch in central Montana and need some advice. We plan to put a recreational - retirement type home and want to know your opinion on a stick-built vs. a steel/metal (i.e. Morton Bldg) type of home. Looking for someone who knows more about this to give us some advice on which one holds up better to the elements, is warmer, etc. Any other additional information or experiences would be greatly appreciated (solar - geo thermal etc.) We have built a couple homes here in NC but our weather doesn't match the West as far a cold and wind. Trying to get some ideas before we start process on building house. Also, if anyone may know a good builder around Great Falls area.

I would be more than happy to chat with you about this. Send me a PM with your number and we can chat. I’m heading in hauling hay this weekend but will call you Sunday evening or Monday. I’m a builder here in Montana. Lots of different stuff to discuss.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back