Yeti GOBOX Collection

Montana Elk

Flatlander3

So I have a few questions I hope some of you can clarify. I am new to the Montana system.
-For Montana Elk general draw, if there an option to use or not use bonus points?
-Building off the last question, is the general draw completely random? I am assuming someone doesn't want to burn multiple yesrs of points if you can usually draw the general without to many.

Thanks

Montana has both preference points and bonus points in their system. If you are only applying for one of the combo tags elk, deer, deer/elk combos they use the preference point system. 75% tags go to highest point holders 25% random draw pool.
If you are trying to draw an deer or elk permit they use the bonus point system and it's random just more names in the hat type deal.
I hope I'm on the right track I've been hunting there for years and it's almost to the point I'm confused. It's a mess to say the least.
So I think to answer your questions if you only want a heal tag out in for one of the combo but not the special permit draws. And if you don't wanna buy the $50 preference point you will go into the 25% pool for that tag. That is what I do this year the 25% pool had higher drawing odds than the 75% pool is my understanding. Next year that will change is my guess.
If I jacked this up someone please correct me.
My advise is to go to one of the other states until they fix things only way it will ever happen. 😂😂😂

Read the regs from Montana a couple of times and look at the info on Go Hunt. They break it down really well. There are also some good YouTube videos explaining it.
It is possible to draw and make things happen. Consider applying for multiple states to be able to hunt elk every year. Also look for areas with 100% draw odds or over the counter tags (i.e. Colorado). Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back