MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana deer draw

174in

Hey guys I have a question on the general deer tag and points.I want to apply for a deer tag in Montana this year but I dont whant to draw a tag.I would not be able to make the hunt this year.Is there anyway to apply and not draw the tag?Basically I just want to get a point.I am afraid this might be a bad year for this stratagey being the tags went up in price so much I belive alot of non res will not apply this year making the odds of drawing a tag the first year very good.Tell me if I am missing something here but from what I read I have to apply for a tag and take the chances of drawing.

I think you are allowed to turn them back in for somewhere around 20% loss.Residents will know alot better then me.From what I read, if you don't draw a limited unit after the regular draw,you can turn the tag back in.They just keep some of your money.Don't know if you keep a point that way though

thanks guys guess I will be trying to get a point in colorado for this year and another in wyoming.

You can easily draw alot of areas 2nd choice in wy. and still get a point.For me, I'll hunt easy draws and bank points at the same time

I've heard that a NR deer only tag is hard to draw in Montana...like 8 years. The easier way to go is the combination deer/elk. That is what I do...er, did...don't know what I'll do now with the price going up to $912. Don't know what the price increase will do for your chances, but the combo thing is/was an every-other-year thing, though my kid got drawn on the first try and others get drawn with no points.

I don't think the deer draw odds are that bad, unless your name is IdahoBugler. I think deer only odds run about 20% with 0 bonus points? I drew in 2009 on my first try.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back