Yeti GOBOX Collection

Montana Bull

fishantler

Here's the bull i was fortunate enough to get yesterday. I'm not much of a story teller but figured you'd enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• 2013-09-28 09.11.12.jpg
    2013-09-28 09.11.12.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 716
  • 2013-09-28 09.38.17.jpg
    2013-09-28 09.38.17.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 710
Good looking bull! Any chance of more detail, hunt duration, animals seen etc? Always nice to read a bit more about how it went.

Here's the short version... First off it was a solo, otc, public land hunt and i am a weekend warrior on a budget.... Early Saturday morning i spotted a large herd of elk feeding about 3/4 of a mile away. Knowing that they would soon feed up into the timber to bed i hustled to get ahead of them to set up an ambush. After a couple failed attempts to get ahead of the herd i finally found myself in a position to possibly get a shot. With half the herd already past me and while cows were feeding within 25 yards of me i suddenly felt the wind on the back of my neck. Luckily the cows didn't blow out of there but merely walked off in different directions. After splitting the herd and letting the elk calm down a bit, i decided to go after the group that were up wind from me and walking away. Once i caught up to the now smaller herd of elk i noticed this nice bull and made an aggressive move on him from above to get the shot that killed him. After quickly putting him down a long day of butchering, deboning and packing began. Luckily i was able to call my good friend whom was more than happy to help me pack out my trophy.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back