Caribou Gear

Mom, gone but not forgotten

VAspeedgoat

It is with heavy heart I announce my mother passed earlier today. Truthfully I only do this for two reasons. One I previously had asked for some prayers for a particularly rough patch earlier in the year and just thought I'd have some closure for that.

The main reason I posted is to remind everyone to hug your loved ones when you get a chance and take sone time to talk. I was busy as could be two weeks ago when I stopped by to visit. It was the day prior to several major strokes. I'll always be thankful I had that time and several others. It was comforting to know I didn't have unfinished business with her when she departed this world.

She is the mother of two and grandmother of six. She almost saw 11 years on a transplanted kidney. In that time she did more traveling than many do there whole lives. I'm thankful to the unknown donor and family for the extra time.

Thanks for reading

I'm glad you had that time before and that you feel there wasn't anything left undone. You will treasure that more as time goes.

My condolences. Well stated post. Need to purchase a ticket to visit my dad, now - thank you

Sorry for your loss. Be thankful you had that extra time and you got to visit one last time. My heart goes out to you

My heart and prayers go out to you, she sounds like a very strong mother. Prayers for you and yours

A miracle of modern medicine (kidney) and sounds like she was a great lady. It was nice of you to reference the kidney donor.

Sorry to hear this. May God grant you comfort and strength during your time of mourning.

Back