Caribou Gear Tarp

Mo. state parks hunt

brian

If anyone is interested in hunting in state parks in Mo. here is the info.

Hunters have until Aug. 15 to apply for deer hunts at Missouri state parks, national wildlife refuges, military reservations and nature preserves.

The Missouri Department of Conservation holds a drawing each summer to determine who gets to take part in managed deer hunts that take place from October through January. The application period opened July 1.

To complete the application process, you need your nine-digit Conservation Identification Number. This number is printed on hunting or fishing permits and on the backs of Conservation Heritage Cards. If you do not have a Conservation ID Number, call 573-751-4115, to obtain one. You also need the two- or three-digit code for your chosen hunt. You can find hunt dates, locations and code numbers in the 2009 Fall Deer & Turkey Hunting Regulations and Information booklet, which is available wherever hunting permits are sold.

You can apply for hunts at www.missouriconservation.org/hunt/deer. Everything you need, other than your Conservation ID Number, is there. Another option is calling 800-829-2956 between 4 a.m. and midnight seven days a week. Applicants must have touch-tone phones.

Successful applicants receive notice of their selection by mail. Hunters can check application status on the Conservation Department Web page beginning Sept. 11.

Thanks Brian. I am a MO resident but overseas with the military right now. I am trying to get home for deer season but never have much time to do any scouting, etc. Public land is probably my only option right now so this may help out.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back