MN meets wolf quota

MNElkNut

Minnesota has met its wolf quota of 400 wolves! I am surprised it happened as quick as it did. I didnt get a wolf tag this year, but hope to in the coming years. One thing I dont understand, if they are going to have a quota and close the season, why do they care how many hunters/trappers there are? I am thinking they just wanted to be conservative this year and hope they give out more tags next year.

Just an observation on my part, but back when we only had one or 2 Does Days you would see does all through the season. After they switched to 6 Deer regardless of sex those Does became as smart or smarter than alot of the Bucks. Now that those Wolves are being actively hunted you may find them to be a more elusive target. John

From what I understand it was the trappers that really got into the wolves. I think we have a lot more then the 3000 they said we had. I know I personally had the worst deer hunting season ever with many, many hours in the stand on both public and private from the Brainard area to SE/MN. It also included a Anoka County controlled park hunt. The only had one shot all season within 30 yards. I shot a button buck to have some meat in the freezer. Lots of coyotes that also need some thinning out.

Have hunted northern mn. public land the area i hunt has way to many wolves. 5 guys 1deer 30 wolves we see wolves chasing deer so i will start hunt thare if i get a tag. we use to kill 150 to 180 cass deer not now. good luck all

Last issue of RMEF Bugle had a nice piece about how well the hunters in MN and WI were doing. Sounds like they are like Wolfers of Old.

Not taking anything away from the wolf hunters and trappers. I know some excellent woodsmen.

But I believe meeting the quota had alot to do with wolf population and years of understatement. We have loads of wuffs. :eek:

Seems pretty obvious to me that MN has the most skilled wolf hunters of any state! heck, we might even go so far as to say that MN has the most skilled hunters of any kind of any state! :D

Seems pretty obvious to me that MN has the most skilled wolf hunters of any state! heck, we might even go so far as to say that MN has the most skilled hunters of any kind of any state! :D
HA ha. If thats the case come to Idaho, buy a tag and run up and get you a wolf:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back