Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

MMBC Labor Day Classic Results

Samario

All Losers (and Winners): won a variety of fabulously cheap AGFD sissy baits. Astoundingly, some folks did NOT claim these prizes!

Farthest Distance Traveled: Skunked (Tucson) -- won a Bass fishing book and Ish Monroe autographed videotape on surface fishing techniques. Ish donated his autograph last week just for the Classic, but I had to buy the tape!

Respected Organizer: Ned02 – won an AGFD coffee cup

Biggest Suck-up: Spiderman -- won a Gay Blade. This was the biggest runaway-winner category, although gotfish! (who did!) made an heroic catch-up attempt at the weigh-in.

Youngest Angler: cute 2-3-4 yr old youngster (Brendan?) – won a Plano box with lures and a sharp knife (gotta start ‘em young)

Oldest Angler: Da (378 yrs young, in dog years) – won a commemorative T-shirt, softplastics (c.f. of the silicone variety) techniques magazine, Crack Crème.

Biggest Non-LM/SM: somebody, but darned if I remember who it was or what his fish weighed! -- won 1st choice of one (1) of some classy/semi-classy lures (e.g. Rick Clunn Rio Rico, Lobina Suave, Lucky Craft Pointer 78, SPRO Prime Minnow 45) – I also forgot which one he chose! 2nd place fish -- Samario’s 11 oz walleye.

Total Weight LM and/or SM: Da 16.8 lb -- won a Bass Pro Shops IBC IM8 6'6" one-piece trigger rod 8-14 lb for ¼ - ⅝ oz lures (New in Plastic Wrapper). The other “Top Three” weights of the day were: Slotking 13.1 lb; Gambler 11.5 lb; Ned02 9.0 lb; Toad 5.6 lb; Spiderman 4.4 lb; Samario 4.2 lb.

Biggest LM or SM (weight not length): Da 9.5 lb -- won a Shimano Curado 200 (New in Box). The other Biggest LM/SM were: Gambler 5.0 lb; Spiderman 4.4 lb; Ned02 3.7 lb; Toad 3.6 lb; Samario 3.6 lb.

Worst Whining Angler Performance: DivineDanielle (by her own choice!) – won a Golden Rule, compass, something else

Up for Grabs: fishing line (12 spools), anchor light (new, works), digital scale, other crapola

Spirit of the Lake Award: Spiderman – won a Shimano Chronarch Superfree Magnesium (box only); NGEWP can cooler; Ziplock bag of gravel; and something he might be wearing the next time you see him – The Pink Thong!!

Totally Skunked Anglers (who at least acknowledged the truth!): Mrs. Spiderman,
DivineDanielle, Little Anthony, Delw, GaryC.

Most Distasteful Post-Classic Post: 2fastnaz – lamenting the cracked nipple on his heater hose that kept him out of the Classic. Boy, that sounds nasty. Maybe Da will share his Crack Crème with 2fastnaz!! Privately, I hope. 2fastnaz -- sorry that you missed the day, and even sorrier that none of those motorists who passed you by on the highway stopped to help. Next time -- wear a pink thong!

Late Ruling from Judges: although you will note above that East-siders won most of the prizes (OK, damn near all of them – thank god for DivineDanielle’s whining ability!), in a startling move the Team Category prize has been awarded to the West-siders. The ruling did not affect the other Categories. The East-siders were disqualified from the Team Category because, well, because Delw and I felt like we needed it more than they did. So did our sponsor – Del-Mart, Inc. – where winning by cheating ain’t cheating.

It seemed like a good time was had by all, so it was indeed good fishing.

Thx to all for participating (or trying to – 2fastnaz), Terry

Thanks for the results.. it was bad on that lake for me today.... funny I did good the first time I was there then got progressivally worse the other 4 times....

Dynomite next time for sure

Thanks again terry it was blast

Delw

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> The East-siders were disqualified from the Team Category because, well, because Delw and I felt like we needed it more than they did. So did our sponsor – Del-Mart, Inc. – where winning by cheating ain’t cheating. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is funny as chit :D
Glad you all had a good time though.

Samario

Thanks for organizing this little get together. It looked like a good time was had by all. Next time the westsiders will do better.

Del, put me down for a few sticks.

Steve

Terry,

Thanks for organizing this event. I had a good time. Sorry I missed you guys for breakfast. I was tired of fighting the crowds so I decided to pack up and go home.

Thanks Again,
NoviceDave

Terry,
Thanks again for everything. My friend and I enjoyed the day although we could not stay for the prize awards.
We both got skunked like delw. I had the Delw effect on monday like I did when we went to pleasant after the G&F meeting. Lost 3 goods ones about 10' from the boat. Guess I need to sharpen a few hooks. My friend lost 2 really big ones on the point by the channel near shipwreck.
All were hooked on the same green metal flake lizards I used at pleasant. Now I need to find some more.:(
We had to bail off the water right at 9 am because of almost being swamped by the uncurteous tuna boat drivers. We almost were over taken from behind while trying to leave. I could have hit them with my lure if I had seen them in time.

Until next time, lets make it at rosy or bartlett, or pleasant. Thanks again very much.

!!! G R E A T S T O R Y!!!
Congrats on the good time....
Bill! We sure have to go thru a lot to get these silly fisherwoosies motivated...They seem to not want to stop when they get these get togethers going. But it's like pulling teeth to get them on the ball...When's the next outing???!!!May-June..Or is this going to be a bi-yearly event???
:D

Back