Yeti GOBOX Collection

Minimum charge using imr4350 for 3006

Kennedy

I got a question whats the minimum charge weight using 165 gainers? I haven't used this powder in the 06 yet. Im using 165 grain Hornadys interlocks. But will be getting some Sierra and noslers as well to see which will group the best, maybe some ttsx but not sure. Im shooting a western field 30/06. I just got it. It likes H4350 but gonna try IMR 4350 with 165's.

Need some clarification. Do you mean the minimum safe charge, or the work up starting charge?

Are you using a hard copy or on-line manual?

Yes the minimum safe charge. I got on hand 165 grain hornady interlocks. I am gonna get some bullets from other company's also. I dont got a hornady manual to look it up.

I see you are from Burns. Do you shop at Spent Cartridge? Are they still there? Those guys know their stuff.

Here is the online manual for Hodgdon, IMR, and Winchester powders. It's pretty easy to use. No one here on HuntTalk would ever tell you to go below or above these numbers.

Mark

I see you are from Burns. Do you shop at Spent Cartridge? Are they still there? Those guys know their stuff.

Here is the online manual for Hodgdon, IMR, and Winchester powders. It's pretty easy to use. No one here on HuntTalk would ever tell you to go below or above these numbers.

Mark
Yes i am from Burns. And Spent Cartridge is still here. And thanks alot for the information.

Good advice from 44hunter45 on the manual. Just curious why you are trying IMR4350 when H4350 works well? I recently went from IMR to H4350 in my 30-06 looking for more temp stability.

Good advice from 44hunter45 on the manual. Just curious why you are trying IMR4350 when H4350 works well? I recently went from IMR to H4350 in my 30-06 looking for more temp stability.

I can’t answer for the OP, but I changed because IMR was faster and a bit more accurate.

I can’t answer for the OP, but I changed because IMR was faster and a bit more accurate.
I started with I4350 because I could find it for a reasonable price and H4350 was like hens teeth and expensive when I could find it. The little bit of difference in temp stability was not worth it to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back