Midland Arms (Parker Hale) Mauser 30-06

T Bone

Fresh out of the 1960's is this Mauser Sporting rifle made by Midland Arms of England, which is Parker Hale from what I can gather.

Bluing is deep and there is very little wear on the bluing, even on the muzzle.

Bolt and handle have some surface freckling.

Two position safety

Barrel measures 24" long and is a similar contour of a Winchester 70 Featherweight.

Bottom metal is hinged, with the release in the trigger guard. A magnet does not stick well to the bottom metal.

14.25" LOP

Stock ergonomics are excellent, small wrist and a nice palm swell. It has some scratches and dings, and a missing chip off the heal of the butt stock. Stock is wood, but I don't think it's walnut.

Trigger is absolutely crap-tastic. It's beyond heavy and looks to be non-adjustable.

This rifle looks to have been fired very little.

I bought this with intentions of a new trigger, bedding and a trip to JES and turning into a 338-06 or 9.3x62.

Selling to fund some optics.

Please look at all the pictures.

$430 shipped to your FFL from private party.

Attachments

• IMG_0251a.jpg
    IMG_0251a.jpg
    1,001.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0252a.jpg
    IMG_0252a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0253a.jpg
    IMG_0253a.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0254a.jpg
    IMG_0254a.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0255a.jpg
    IMG_0255a.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0256a.jpg
    IMG_0256a.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0257a.jpg
    IMG_0257a.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0258a.jpg
    IMG_0258a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0259a.jpg
    IMG_0259a.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0260a.jpg
    IMG_0260a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0261a.jpg
    IMG_0261a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
This is a steal at the original price. Fantastic craftsmanship and a classic 98 Mauser action.

If you don't keep it as an original, it's a perfect donor action for any standard cartridge.

Can't remember the last time I saw a commercial mauser for less than $500......If it doesn't sell at the listed price, back in the safe it goes.

As for the stock, I think it's usable. Considering a 1" recoil pad, I believe the chip would be removed to get it to a 14" or less LOP.

Can't remember the last time I saw a commercial mauser for less than $500......If it doesn't sell at the listed price, back in the safe it goes.

As for the stock, I think it's usable. Considering a 1" recoil pad, I believe the chip would be removed to get it to a 14" or less LOP.

Anybody that can whittle on wood can make that straight grained piece of walnut about anything they want, including a Mauser Model B or Oberndorf paneled rifle.

I'm shocked nobody has picked this up. It's got the bolt on the wrong side, or I'd have it headed to Pham for a new 35 Whelen for myself.

Heel breaks are an easy fix.

Insane price.

I don't think I could get this one past the Comptroller.

Back