NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Mid-West Whitetails

jlmatthew

Are you gonna do any shows hunting mid-west whitetails this year? Everyone knows how easy it is hunting the west, the mid-west is where we need a little help ;)

Probably not this year. If I do whitetails this year, it will probably be in AZ for Coues whitetails. Or, in Montana or Idaho.

I do have a bunch of Iowa points that I intend to burn some day. Thinking me and Spitz could go do that one. He has a penchant for finding good bucks, so I am sure he would be hard on those Iowa bucks.

Tons of public land in MN as well :) I know how hard it is in MN to hunt public...no wonder Randy will not come here :).

Randy left here, why would he come back? I dont know about the IA thing. That drum has been beat to death. If you are going to do it, think out of the box. I loved his late season hunt in ND. There are so many great OYOA for whitetails west of the rockies. If you are going to do it, do something that someone else hasn't as there are a lot of whitetail shows to compete with. Maybe a WI meat hunt? That way you can also stop by Federal Ammo and do a little tour. While you are here, tip back a cold one with some of us metro hunt talkers!

Randy left here, why would he come back? I dont know about the IA thing. That drum has been beat to death. If you are going to do it, think out of the box. I loved his late season hunt in ND. There are so many great OYOA for whitetails west of the rockies. If you are going to do it, do something that someone else hasn't as there are a lot of whitetail shows to compete with. Maybe a WI meat hunt? That way you can also stop by Federal Ammo and do a little tour. While you are here, tip back a cold one with some of us metro hunt talkers!
I'm thinking hunting public land would alone would meet this criteria... ;)

No a ton of public land, but it can be done with OTC tags here in Ohio as well. There are still some areas where you can get permission pretty easy on private land as well (there are a lot of farmers that want help in controlling deer numbers!)

That way you can also stop by Federal Ammo and do a little tour. While you are here, tip back a cold one with some of us metro hunt talkers!

As it happens I live about 3 miles from Federal Ammo, I would offer up my basement bar (and beer) as a venue for such an event. Randy, I am available anytime to pick up free ammo in your absense. ;)

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back