Med high hunt boots you like

fmnjr

Going to buy the best I can lay my hands on. Sick of so so boots! Lemme see ‘em and post your comments. Happy thanksgiving!

Salewa Rapace are great. Pretty stiff but they insulate well and are pretty durable. Break them in before you hunt with them.

I have a pair of Lowa renegade mids that I like. they are my main hiking boot but have worn them hunting as well. I have lowa tibets for rougher country. Not sure if either is best but I haven't had any issues with them.
X2

I bought the Lowa Renegade last year and really enjoyed hunting out of them this year. My Kenetreks never got worn this year.

I have a pair of Lowa renegade mids that I like. they are my main hiking boot but have worn them hunting as well. I have lowa tibets for rougher country. Not sure if either is best but I haven't had any issues with them.
Been looking at them thanks

I am going on year 3 of my Lowa Renegades and they are holding up well. It took longer to break in than I was accustomed to, but now they are molded to my feet no problem!

I am going on year 3 of my Lowa Renegades and they are holding up well. It took longer to break in than I was accustomed to, but now they are molded to my feet no problem!
I normally wear a 12 but even 14 was tight when I tried them on at REI?

I had several pairs of Lowa Tibets. They seemed to last 2 or 3 years for me. I switched to uninsulated Crispi Briksdals. They are lighter than the Lowas and surprisingly tougher. I’ll order another pair when the current pair wear out. Probably another year or two.

I buy the wide versions of the Lowa boots. I have a really old pair of lowa renegade lows in regular fit, maybe 15 years old and can only wear a light boot liner kind of sock with them otherwise they are too tight. That's ok since I only wear those for light hiking in relatively warm temps. But all my shoes and boots now have to be wide whatever the brand. Foot got wider with age just like my stomach.

Last edited:
I had several pairs of Lowa Tibets. They seemed to last 2 or 3 years for me. I switched to uninsulated Crispi Briksdals. They are lighter than the Lowas and surprisingly tougher. I’ll order another pair when the current pair wear out. Probably another year or two.
I forgotten about the crispi, so I’m gonna give them a hard look too

I've tried many of the top brands and the reality is you have to just spend the money and try different ones to see what your feet like. If they don't work, sell them for whatever you can get and try another pair. I've tried many of the top brands and some feel good out of the box but not so good broken in. Some didn't feel that good at first but broken in and felt great. Different insoles can change fit, same as different socks can change fit. What fits my feet might not be good for you. When I was younger, most boots were fine. Now that I'm older, if a boot doesn't fit, my feet hurt, in turn, my back, knees, hips, etc hurts. That being said, I've found my feet like the fit of Meindl. I now have 4 pairs with powerstep pinnacle insoles.

Last edited:
Meindl for me. Still using the boots that I purchased from Cabelas as they were getting ready for the BPS “merge” and the last season that they made them for Cabelas.

I'm a salomon x ultra4 (mid-ish) guy

But I probably put half as many miles in a Nike or adidas low running shoe with knots and cut laces right at the last eyelet (so basically slip my foot in).

I'd probably try adidas ax4 and/or r3, but mixed reviews is all I've heard so far.

Stiff boots and leather boots ain't my thing, could never get em to work for me, if they do it for you, more power to you

I’m on my fourth pair of Lowa Renegades. I have narrow feet and they can be ordered in narrow and wide widths. I get about two seasons of use out of them before the seams start coming apart. Also have a pair of Lowa Caminoe’s which aren’t made in narrow widths but do have a narrow last. I use them in rougher terrain and for load carrying since they are stiffer and offer more support. I also like having two pairs of boots in camp so I can rotate boots and always have a dry pair.

My Nevadas just arrived and of course I put them on like RN! Size 13s, they fit well and sure seem to live up to the hype everyone has for them. I'll be taking them for a ride soon enough. Thanks so much to everyone for your feedback to my request.....much appreciated!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back