MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Meat Grinder

thats the one i bought last year and love it so far, we'll see in about 4 more years how it holds up but so far so good

I've had mine now going on 10 years and it has held up great. I also have a meat cubing attachment that we use on really tough cuts. We also use the sausage stuffing attachment that comes with the grinder and it works really good too. :)

Gary

With all of the Bass Pro/Cabelas changes I would be leery about investing in their grinders. Also, their models change, how do you get service/parts?

I went with LEM #5 1/4 hp grinder (their grinder parts and accessories are everywhere). Yes it's small and you have to cut the meat in smaller strips and it can get hung on excess silver skin but it'll do a whitetail in less than 15 mins. I have done hundreds and hundreds of pounds with it. All i've ever done is put in a new knife/blade.

With all of the Bass Pro/Cabelas changes I would be leery about investing in their grinders. Also, their models change, how do you get service/parts?

I went with LEM #5 1/4 hp grinder (their grinder parts and accessories are everywhere). Yes it's small and you have to cut the meat in smaller strips and it can get hung on excess silver skin but it'll do a whitetail in less than 15 mins. I have done hundreds and hundreds of pounds with it. All i've ever done is put in a new knife/blade.
My KitchenAid burned. And I've been thinking about buying #8. I was wondering how loud is it and does it have a pedal?

Last edited:
Go big or stay home. For me it was an LEM #12 3/4 horse back when Bass Pro sold LEM units. Looking at a new LEM as they have changed to a stainless steel head that is rifled vs straight as well as going to the "big bite" auger. As a kid we had a semi commercial unit that belonged to my grandfather. Have no idea where it is now. The 3/4 horse may be overkill for my 1 deer a year but I use it for pickle relish during the summer. Grinds fast so there is less time for the meat to heat up. Will handle semi-frozen perfectly and like I said grinding is fast.

Back