Meat Care Thread

Duck-Slayer

so in response every year with the same questions about meat care I figured I would make a post about it and than it possibly could be made a sticky.... you can put down how you take care of your meat either early or late.....

my way is for all times of year for the most part..... I save and rinse out the gallon milk jugs you get from the store with soap and water.... fill them 3/4 way full and freeze them, I have a meat freezer and a other stuff freezer/ medium stand ups in the garage, I put all 12 in the other stuff freezer and freeze them till needed, you can use them for camping or just about anything you need ice for - simple - easy - cheap..... as far a meat care, bone using gutless method - hang or place in cool stream - pack back too camp - take out whatever jugs that are not frozen anymore out "your water supply now" put meat in coolers, put frozen jugs back in, and when you get done with your hunt take too processor, unless your staying for more than 6 or so days, in my cooler they will last about 6 days, but if you have good coolers well than they should stay frozen longer..... also for a side note, if you go too home depot and get the 1" think blue/pink closed cell foam and line your cooler with that all sides and top it will stay frozen longer..... Please feel free too make comments that would help any rookie or veteran out.... hope this helps some people,
Matt

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back