Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Maui axis Deer hunt?

You would do well to listen to glass eye when it comes to hunting Hawaii and search the forum for his posts. He helped me on my trips and had a blast.
I have had layovers in California both times I went and didn’t want the hassle of a gun so I took my bow. I actually packed it in a keyboard case and put on my best starving musician act and was amazed at how little people cared. I’ve had the exact opposite with a bow case or anything camo.
I’m sure the deer are awesome, but don’t overlook the goat hunting. For many it’s the only chance you will ever have at a wild goat hunt and it is very doable DIY.
I am amazed at the hunting opportunities in Hawaii and how often it gets overlooked. I have easily got up and hunted prime time and been back for brunch with the family. You just make up the lost sleep midday on the beach after a few Longboards or Big Waves.

Always, except for muzzleloader ammo because airlines prohibit travel with powder and primers. You will have to buy powder and primers over there and they are not easy to find.
You will have to register your guns with the local PD and it's like being booked in jail; mug shots and finger prints. Very un- American.
Do you have to register a muzzleloader or is that just for firearms?

Back