MATH HELP PLEASE !!!

Moosie

Grand poopa
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

It is dehydrated,you must add water to make it a cup.1/3rd cup powdered milk,2/3rds cup water,equals 1 cup milk.There are 8 ounces in a cup,32 ounces in a quart.4 cups hydrated milk equals 1 quart.

Sheeeesh.....
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-15-2003 22:28: Message edited by: Seldom Ever ]</font>

It must have bee~na long day.. I'm usually good at math
wink.gif
But shouldn't a Serving size then Either be 1-cup, or .8oz since the package is 3.4 Oz so a 1/4 of that is .8 oz ?

Still doesn't make scence, If you put 2/3rds water and 1/3rd "STUFF" 1/3 cup is roughly 2.8oz if 8 oz is 1 cup.. right ? so 2.4x4 = 9 and some odd oz... but the Package is only...3.44 oz ?

Although one is a weight and One is a volume but the MAth still soesn' work... Please explain again
biggrin.gif

there is no such thing as equivalent volume and weight,morons:^)

If you knew anything about ballistics,you'd know weight,volume,temperature and pressure are each dependent on the value of the other.Likewise dehydrated milk.

Moosie,to get the full effect of the dehydrated milk, put one tablespoonful in your mouth and sip from the creek until your mouth has that creamy consistency that tells you you've got milk
biggrin.gif
....on second thought, never mind the tablespoon,you could probably consume a full package at a time in this manner
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Moosie,to get the full effect of the dehydrated milk, put one tablespoonful in your mouth and sip from the creek until your mouth has that creamy consistency that tells you you've got milk
biggrin.gif
....on second thought, never mind the tablespoon,you could probably consume a full package at a time in this manner
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
joker.gif

If you need help with conversions, this site may help

Online Conversions

I use it when I'm trying to figure out why my buddies in Europe say they are swealtering at 38 deg.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

But that doesn't seem to be your problem here. You're comparing apples and oranges bro. Volume and weight are two separate things.

Look at it this way. A cup of lead weighs more than a cup of feathers.

Wouldn't a serving size still be a 1/4 cup and not 1/3 ?

Thanx for letting me know that lead weigh's more then feathers, I was going to be sneaky and put extra lead (Bullets) in my pillowcase when I go to AK and now I know when it goes on the scales I'll get busted
eek.gif
elkgrin.gif

The ratio of dried milk to water is apparently 1:2,in order to make whole milk.Live with it somehow
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-16-2003 10:13: Message edited by: Seldom Ever ]</font>

Ahhh thanx
wink.gif

But one more thing... It's lowfat milk, Whats the Ratio to get Lowfat milk and not Whole milk ?!?!?!
footinmouth.gif

Thanx for your help Seldom
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'll make sure I have a picture of us at Breakfast in 22 days when we're all set up in camp and I'm drinknig that 8 oz. or Dehyranted milk that I jsut poured into my mouth and the river I was Drinking out of
wink.gif

YAHHHHoooo.... MATH Exam Done !!! Time to Re-pack stuff and Go check the list again
elkgrin.gif

Just a picture of you in camp while I'm stuck here will be revenge enough,Moosie
biggrin.gif

Glad I could help,have a big time and kill something or make some noise trying

I'll make some Noise non the less... I'll make sure to get pictures even if We get Skunked. If we get skunked I'll already have the Story Written about "It was the Experience.. BLAH BLAH BLAH.. And I didn'
t need to shoot anything... BLAH BLAH BLAH ...
wink.gif
" HAHA !!!

Seriously though, I was stumped at the Milk thing last night at first (To be honest) but realised what a Dork I was quickly, Thanx to you guys for Reminding me !!! Hehe

This is easier then the 4 guys and the 30 $ room and the tip question and I figured that out Right away
cool.gif

Why the hell are you taking dehydrated milk in the first place? You could have saved yourself from looking like a dork, and you can save yourself from drinking that pi$$.

Dehydrated Mt. Dew might make sense....
tongue.gif

Ahh - I can remember having fresh milk for the first time again after weeks of reconstituted dry milk when I was overseas. Ahhh, man! It was better than even the first Coors ...

Ok, its 5% milk fat before water and 1/2% milk fat after water, so that's 10 fold dilution. So, 3.44 oz goes 10 fold to 34.4 oz. 32 oz is a quart, but they figure we'll spill a few oz stirring it up.

Its watered down powder, so the regular ballistics info. does not apply. That 1/3 surving size stuff has got to be an error. I'd go by the taste test too, that sounds good, to me. Maybe look at it, if it looks like milk, that would be good too. I wonder if it dissolves in cold water or if you have to heat it up first? Then cool it down. Lots of energy used up there, I'd rather be hunting than doing all that. I think I'd just use it as creamer. I like those breakfast cereal bars that I get at Walmart, not REI. I think anything in Alaska would be better though, that part sounds good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back