Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Maps for Public lands Hunts

ogro

I hunt mostly public lands. I have 200,000 acres of public land in my county. Finding good current accurate maps has always been a problem. Most maps we use are 10 years old. I recently found out that all counties (every state) has a 911 map. This is a map so emergency responders can use to find a 911 victim. It has to be current. It also has to have land ownership so who has to respond. Example. DNR responds to federal Land, State responds to State Land, County responds to county matters. So all BLM, School Land, DFW, county, private lands are color coded. If you hunt in rural farm land go to the County Conservation Office to find a Land owners name. Go to the nearest BLM office to get the most current BLM map. The BLM purchases land every year. These new land purchases can be a boom the first year, before everyone else finds out about it. Many states have a Block Management Program. These boundaries change every year. Contact there office for current maps. Good Luck & Happy Hunting

MT Cadastral Data

This is a handy tool that I use on occasion; as you zoom in you can select parcels and query ownership, etc.
http://gis.mt.gov/, then click on "Property Map"

Bureau of Land Management, I do believe........

Actually, I believe it is the Bureau of Livestock and Mining.

And they have an extensive program where they buy millions of acres of land each year from the French. That is one of the great things about our newly elected President Jefferson.

Can't wait to get in on some of that land we got in the Louisiana purchase, I hear there's some great areas opening up. I guess the locals get a bit PO ed if you kill a few hundred more buffalo than you can eat though.

We best hurry before beaver's all trapped out though.

Back