Caribou Gear

Man kills mountain lion with bare hands!

The news article got it wrong...he didn't have to pick up a rock to smash it on the head, he had 2 giant stones between his legs.

Um......I got worked over pretty good by a feral cat not too long ago. Granted I was trying to save it from drowning, the ungrateful ball of fur.

Nah... with the man bun itself. Cat took the scrunchy.

There's no way anyone would wrastle a big kitty if they didn't have a mullet. I heard the cat actually choked on his mullet while going for a spinal tap. This rule applies all the entire gender spectrum.

We’re gonna find out it was Cameron Hanes killing a house cat in a fit of roid rage.

Following Brian in Montana's lead----only one word to describe her "bad ass"------or------following the lead of several, she also has a "full set"----hypothetically, of course--but definitely might have had her hair in a bun------- forgive me guys, just could not resist lol On a serious note her mountain lion was much smaller, but still she saved her pup and didnt let go when she realized what she had in her hand. But it still does not compare to what the man did--holy mackerel, I agree, as suggested he could get this man card tattooed across his chest

Last edited:
The CPW has posted this video interview of the fellow who killed the mountain lion. An amazing story!

[video=youtube;dCYHah_RfT4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCYHah_RfT4[/video]

While running he remained aware of the sights and sounds in nature, and being in good physical condition probably saved his life. Had he not turned around the cat might have taken him down by the neck and the struggle could have been over very quickly with a very different outcome.

The CPW should do a full taxidermy mount of that kitty and offer or dedicate it to Mr. Kauffman.

I was impressed until I read this. I'm the poor little cat put up quite a fight to give that guy those cuts and scratches.

They do know that the mountain lion was younger than a year old. Most mountain lions are born between June and October, which would make this one anywhere from three to eight months old, according to the CPW. They haven't yet determined the lion’s gender, so that would put this one anywhere from 20 to 60 pounds.

rkKWI7B.jpg

Having seen the reaction after tugging the tail of a 25 lb spotted kitten one time, I’m still impressed.

Not something I’d want to hold onto.

No matter the size if it would have got him around the neck could have been a lot different outcome. Seems like a nice guy glad it turned out the way it did.

Story i read said it was 30-35 lbs. Basically a cub. The runner clocked in at a whopping 150 lbs.
Prob an even match for him

Impressive at any size. a pissed off housecat is a lot to tangle with.

The story that I read said that it weighed around 65lbs.

Anyone who’s thinking he merely choked out a kitten I ask them if they’ve ever had to release a bobcat from a foothold trap? I highly doubt they have or else they’d be playing a different tune. Even a small 30lb bobcat can put up quite a fight for me using a rabies pole/catch pole and I’m 6’4” 225lbs. I would guess that a mountain lion would be quite a bit stronger than a similar sized bobcat as well.

Moral of the story though is don’t jog with earbuds in.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back