Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Magnus?

vander34

For the guys shooting these broadheads. Stinger or buzzcut and why?
I guess I'm really wondering if the buzzcut is an advantage?

Stingers for me. I don't buy into the Buzzcut idea. Sharp is best and it is hard to get a Buzzcut as sharp as a stinger. I have some Buzzcuts, but have never used them on animals.

Serated blades seem to sell because they are different. Kind of like the idea behind selling fishing lures - "It doesn't matter how many fish they catch, rather how many fishermen they catch."

I also shoot snuffer ss now. I started with stingers and they are great. They fly awesome. I switched to Muzzy for a few years and they worked great, but the lifetime guarantee is what sold me back on the magnus. No matter what you do to them they will replace them forever no questions asked.

I use stingers too. I like the fact that they back of the broadheads are as sharp as the front part. If the head gets stuck inside it carves the he11 out of things. Great head, and great warranty.

Thanks guys. Randy that's what my initial thoughts were, don't see how the serrations are a benifit. Needed a few opinions I suppose.

someone correct me if I am wrong but the way I see it the major difference between a 2 blade and a 4 blade is the blood trail(of course) it is my understanding that the inserts on the 4 bladed head are much like the inserts on a bear razor head and are designed to break off after initial penetration, this cuts a hole instead of a slice( for the better blood trail) and yet still allows for the better 2 bladed penetration advantages, I am really looking at the 150 grainers but interested in this topic account I am undecided on the buzzcut or the stinger's

if all we were hunting is whitetail deer any broadhead that cuts a hole instead of a slit would probably work real good, but when you throw in elk, moose into the mix you got to be thinking penetration as an equal priority,,

Last edited:
IDBugler is the person who got me hooked on Magnus Stingers. Bryce has killed a ton of stuff with his bow, so when he made a recommendation it carried a lot of weight with me. He would have some good input on this topic, as I think he has tried both.

someone correct me if I am wrong but the way I see it the major difference between a 2 blade and a 4 blade is the blood trail(of course) it is my understanding that the inserts on the 4 bladed head are much like the inserts on a bear razor head and are designed to break off after initial penetration, this cuts a hole instead of a slice( for the better blood trail) and yet still allows for the better 2 bladed penetration advantages, I am really looking at the 150 grainers but interested in this topic account I am undecided on the buzzcut or the stinger's

if all we were hunting is whitetail deer any broadhead that cuts a hole instead of a slit would probably work real good, but when you throw in elk, moose into the mix you got to be thinking penetration as an equal priority,,

The (bleeder blades) of the magnus aren't as big, nor as thin as a bear razorhead. I don't think they inteneded for them to break off.

The head is similar to a bear, just not quite as big. Bears are still my favorite except for the flight. They do have problems at times. I still have some, and will use them if the shots are out of tree stands, and not very far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back