Caribou Gear Tarp

Made the books @52"

Awesome! I'm planning to come up from VA a few times this year to try my luck on them.
Unpredictable, no rym or reason for there travels. Hide out by day and sneak into food areas at 1st light or twilight.
I saw this guy silhouette at 1st light and he stood their until he could see if a Hine was in the area which gave me legal shooting time.
I put doe pee out in a number of areas around the opening which I think confused him.

I need to go down the Assatique Island and get my Van beach permit for this year. I usually get a room in OC for a couple of days. If there is anyone interested hunting these little buggers on the Island , I'll help out where I can.

Dave

This is really cool. I have alot of interest in this hunt and am actively working toward scheduling it. I did some research on hunting the blackwater, but have yet to just lock down dates and go. Going to send you a PM about buying a call.

This is really cool. I have alot of interest in this hunt and am actively working toward scheduling it. I did some research on hunting the blackwater, but have yet to just lock down dates and go. Going to send you a PM about buying a call.
Justin, you'll need to call Black wildlife management office to get on the mailing list. It's a 1st come 1st sure write-in.
Assateaque Island is a bit different. Vehicles need pre-approval permit. The hunt is limited also by the amount of hunters on the island. There is the State side and the Federal side. Federal you really want a beach worthy vehicle to get the Bull pin and further.
State no vehicle access , all walk in.
I know Meet Eatter did a segment on Blackwater you might want to watch.
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back