Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Made It Home, AZ Coues Hunt

'Ike'

Matt and I came back two days early from a seven day hunt...What a blast! A few shots from the hunt where I took my first Coues...Although not a true OYOA as we hunted with Wards Outfitters and Steven who is a friend of Matts'. I learned a ton about these lil gray ghost.

This makes my fourth deer species with the bow!

Matt's from San Jose and we met up at LAX, me after flying from Sacramento on the 24th...Our hunt started on the morning of the 25th with me taking my buck that evening. 27 yard shot, 100 yard recovery. Few pictures from my hunt...

Attachments

• Looking (2).jpg
    Looking (2).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Mmmm! (2).jpg
    Mmmm! (2).jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 348
  • First Buck (2).jpg
    First Buck (2).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 357
  • Girl Fight (2).jpg
    Girl Fight (2).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 357
  • Not Bad (2).jpg
    Not Bad (2).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 353
  • 1st Coues (2).jpg
    1st Coues (2).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 357
  • Good One! (2).jpg
    Good One! (2).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 355
  • Javi II (2).jpg
    Javi II (2).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 356
Nice job, Ike. They are neat little deer. Hopefully I can go down and chase them again this fall.

Congrats! Sounds like you had a GREAT hunt! Hope you got to take that little guy in the last photo!

Thanks guys...AD875, no the season had closed and it's a draw unit! Also got to see some Goulds...And for the Tombstone fans, Johnny Ringo! :D

Attachments

• Johnny Ringo II (2).jpg
    Johnny Ringo II (2).jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 332
  • Johnny Ringo (2).jpg
    Johnny Ringo (2).jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 348
  • Arizona Goulds (2).jpg
    Arizona Goulds (2).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 331
Last ones, fun shooting with the camera also...

Attachments

• What's That (2).jpg
    What's That (2).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 318
  • What! (2).jpg
    What! (2).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 320
  • See Me Now (2).jpg
    See Me Now (2).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 319
  • Rutting (2).jpg
    Rutting (2).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 314
Congrats on the deer. Never laid eyes on them deer. I hear they are very hard to hunt.

Those are some excellent pics....am sure jealous you're hunting this time of year.

I thought Val Kilmer killed Johnny Ringo.:D

I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear...love that movie.

Nice pic, BTW...sounds like a great hunt.

So, what did you think of Wards outfitting??I hear he's got some great success rates for the coues.Something I'd like to try someday

So, what did you think of Wards outfitting??I hear he's got some great success rates for the coues.Something I'd like to try someday

Steven and his guys are dialed on Coues...You'll at least see and have a 'good' chance at them that's for sure..Commendations are second to none! We went 3 for 4 in camp and that's pretty good for archery Coues...

Here's my buddy's buck!

Attachments

• 00small14464180.jpg
    00small14464180.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 217
Very good Ike, your pictures are awesome thanks for sharing. Coues' are one of my favorite animals to hunt (as I get older I think its because they are almost fun to pack out).
Congratulations on your Coues' and on your 4th deer species with a bow. I'm still working on a slam (with a rifle), just need a Columbia Blacktail, and maybe a Columbia Whitetail. :)

Congrats again,
--Bill

Very good Ike, your pictures are awesome thanks for sharing. Coues' are one of my favorite animals to hunt (as I get older I think its because they are almost fun to pack out).
Congratulations on your Coues' and on your 4th deer species with a bow. I'm still working on a slam (with a rifle), just need a Columbia Blacktail, and maybe a Columbia Whitetail. :)

Congrats again,
--Bill

That's it Bill, need a Whitetail and Sitka...I see why you love the Coues, I'll be back for sure...:D Let me know if you need any info on the above, I've chased and killed both in Oregon and quite a few Blacktails here...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back