Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Lots of hiking trails??

SwampLander

I am looking at 3 GMU's in CO to hunt 3rd rifle this year and using CO's awesome hunt atlas (thanks Randy Newberg for that info) I am noticing lots of established hiking trails. More specific the units I am looking at are mostly wilderness areas. Question is dose this scare you from one unit to another if it has lots of hiking trials. I am going 3rd rifle so are there even many people out hiking at that time (generally). Should I treat established hiking trails like roads and look to get at least one mile from it?

I am looking at 3 GMU's in CO to hunt 3rd rifle this year and using CO's awesome hunt atlas (thanks Randy Newberg for that info) I am noticing lots of established hiking trails. More specific the units I am looking at are mostly wilderness areas. Question is dose this scare you from one unit to another if it has lots of hiking trials. I am going 3rd rifle so are there even many people out hiking at that time (generally). Should I treat established hiking trails like roads and look to get at least one mile from it?

I just depends. If elk are pressured and there is alot of traffic on them daily by stock and people on foot, I would most definitely get away from that. One other piece of advice, I'm not sure which wilderness you are planning on hunting, but alot of them are high elevation. Really keep an eye on the weather that time of year. Last year wasn't an issue, but snow can and does drop quick in some of our higher elevations.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back