Lots of grasshoppers

Wow!

We’re inundated with “Mormon Crickets” here around Meeker. Big, red, gross things. It’s nuts! The roads are red with squished bodies. It’s quite disturbing to drive through a swarm on the road. If they flew it would be another level of heebie-jeebies! Ha!

I’m assuming the surge in numbers has to do with the winter water and increased feed. The last couple years had a bunch, but this year is wild!

Wow!

We’re inundated with “Mormon Crickets” here around Meeker. Big, red, gross things. It’s nuts! The roads are red with squished bodies. It’s quite disturbing to drive through a swarm on the road. If they flew it would be another level of heebie-jeebies! Ha!

I’m assuming the surge in numbers has to do with the winter water and increased feed. The last couple years had a bunch, but this year is wild!
Here in a month or so this is what a few of the roads around here will look like from the crickets
9400A318-2779-4BEA-95C3-73798BD9EB92.jpeg

Wow!

I would be down on the river with big foam dry flies as often as possible!!

We hit a Mormon Cricket "Hatch" ("migration" ?) on the Green once for a couple of days. It was every bit as good as the 19 year Cicada hatch was in 2019.

Yah I wonder about the fishing aspect. I assume they’ve crossed the Yampa, based on where they’re being seen. They’re big juicy suckers, so I’m sure fish love ‘em.

Man, its not just my garden then!

Anyone have good ideas how to get them off your fruits and vegetables?

Wow!

But how do they taste?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back