Lost & Found In A Border Town

Art Vandeley

Well I cannot believe I did this, but here it goes. Sometime around late April.. I was turkey hunting North of Billings MT, and I believe I left my shotgun out in the woods. I went looking for it the other day... and it is nowhere to be found in my house or garage. It does not seem likely to me that someone broke into my house and only took that shotgun. The only thing I can think of is I laid it down somewhere, and left without it. So if anyone finds a camo Benelli shotgun with a black shoulder strap... You're welcome! If you'd like to return it, I'll pay you for it. Figured it was worth posting here anyway.

Last edited:
Damn so it is true that eating organic is more expensive. That sucks hope you can stumble across it soon before the grass is way to tall.

FWIW, if I lost a firearm, I'd file a report. For two reasons: 1. CYA and 2. I have a personal property insurance plan that would require it.

If you have the serial # and report the gun lost/stolen, the agency taking the report can enter the serial # into NCIC. If it's recovered, you'll be able to get it back.

I've found guns that were leaned against bumpers and left on tailgates. Maybe try some ads in the Billings area?

Man, sorry to hear that. Any chance its lost in the pile of hunting crap in the back of a crew cab truck? Guess spring isn't so bad, but by the time the end of November rolls around, can build a car, distribute ammo to 20 different guns, make 27 course meal(if you consider canned, dehydrated, and slim jims food), and get 42 flies stuck in you rooting around the back of my truck.

I just did that today! luckily I got about 50 yards and realized my hands were empty but... Amazing how we can forget that thing on which we rely the most for many of our outdoor adventures. I hope it turns up!

Wow! Sure hope it turns up! I've done that on an occasion or two. Not my rifle though some pack item such as my Garmin or binos. Thus far, I've been able to figure where the heck I left it and recovered the item though a Benelli shotgun? And it's not at your area you were setup? Hopefully someone advertises a found shotgun to describe and p/u. I would feel pretty darn shitty to accept $ had I found it though if it gets it back in your hands, guess it's better they take the dough vs outright keeping it...

Best to ya! Hope it turns up.

Only did that once, with another item.
Now everytime I get up from a glassing point or have taken my pack off, I always take two steps and then turn
and scan the area where I sat, before moving on.
Bet you do the same now. Sorry to hear it.
If your gps was on or maybe your ph tracking system, may pin point where you were

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenleafoutfitters
Back