Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

looking for a .410

SandyCreek

hey guys, looking for some help finding a single shot .410. My dad had one when he was a kid that we in turn grew up shooting. I believe it was a sears model.. anyway I've been trying to find a single shot break action .410 but everything i find seems to have a hammer on it and that's not really what I'm looking for. just thought I'd see if anyone knew of anything out there. Thanks

that brings back a lot of fun memories. my grand pa had one, shot a many of squirrels with that gun. have not seen one in quite some time. probably the last one I saw was at a gun show. I will keep my eyes open.

I have a J.C. Higgins Model 1011 that was my Grandfathers. Break action but has a hammer. Not sure if there are any new offerings in a break gun that is hammerless. Good luck. mtmuley

I bought one of these for my son a few years back.

No hammer on it, just break open, put the shell in, close it up and it is ready to fire.

I would sell it as he has upgraded since then but the shipping and ffl fee would be half the price of the shotgun.

Just looked at mine. Has a hammer, sorry. Never fired. No real use for it. It's going to stay in the box until I find a home for it.

Berika arms makes one (but it has a hammer)that is pretty decent and very inexpensive. I bought one on Gunbroker for $52 + 20 shipping. What I really like about them is they pretty much fold in half so they fit in a box on my wheeler or in a backpack. For the money they are hard to beat.

20200113_114020.jpg

Last edited:
I have a J.C. Higgins Model 1011 that was my Grandfathers. Break action but has a hammer. Not sure if there are any new offerings in a break gun that is hammerless. Good luck. mtmuley

I shot my first animal, a quail, with my grandfather's Model 1011.

thanks guys.. I'll look up these options. Really wanting to try to take a turkey with a .410 and also have for my son when he gets old enough.

I called a tom in for a friend years ago who shot it with his .410. Wouldnt be my first or second choice but quite lethal at 3 yds.👍

I have the savage/stevens 301 turkey in .410, which is built around the federal TSS load. They also make a more generic one, which could be a great budget-friendly option. I know henry also has a single shot in .410. A friend got it in 20 and it's got surprisingly good wood.

I will say I’ve seen what you’re looking for. I just dont remember when. We have 2 here and they’re both hammers.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back