Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Locator Calls

Kraven

Hey all just wondering what everyone is using these days for a locator call.Also if there is anything new and exciting on the market that you have found that works really good to locate them Gobblers.
I am still using the trusty Faulks C-50 Crow call and I purchased the Primos Triple shock call last year but havent gotten around to using it very much.

I got a crow call also, I use that 99% of the time, always gets them in the morning, I also have a tripe shock, does peacock, coyote and woodpecker and I just bought a hawk call this year.

Try overblowing a predator call, breaking it off sharply and cup your hands to your ears. Nuther fine trick with any locator call is if you are with a pal..make sure he's standing 50' away cus that old tom may break in during your call. And he who is calling likely won't hear it. I kinda like to use the "car door slam" periodically.
I'm itchin to get out.
WD

I haven't found anything tthat works any better than a good loud crow call, although here in the East an AUTHENTIC sounding barred owl works pretty well also.. I've got so that I seldom use locator calls at dawn anyway...I still use my crow call to try to get a tom to reveal his position when I am trying to make a move on him.....

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back