Caribou Gear

Little help please, fellow Montanans...

Whip

This is the year I've been waiting for...drew a limited bull tag for "over by Helena" way and am pumped to say the least. I'm looking for some help from those of you who are familiar with the area...not looking for your "secret spots" or such, just really wanting some general info regarding movement patterns and overall trends that you have observed. I can take care of the specifics on my end. Feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance...
Whip

I've never been in the unit, but from the couple people I've talked to that have had the tag, it sounds like you should try to do as much hunting as you can during bowseason.

Have already drastically modified my work schedule for the next 12 weeks and told momma to tighten up the purse strings 'cause I'm not going to be available for much work...good to be your own boss in some ways. The ol' recurve is strung and ready for duty:)

That is going to be a great hunt. Cool that you will be hunting it with a recurve. There are some guys here who have experience in that unit, so I hope they will send you a PM with some information.

I will head out this weekend for my first scouting trip. I have already received a lot of help from some friends that live over that way and know a thing or three about the area, but am still interested in talking to as many folks that have hunted it as possible. Would greatly appreciate it if you or one of your hunting partners can contribute anything that would help...

A good friend of mine that posts here sometimes shot one of the biggest bulls to ever come out of that area, shot it with a bow. Gross scored over 370 and net scored just a pinch over 360...awesome bull.

Things are looking good with the scouting thus far.....and these are the bulls that I could get a picture of...there's bigger that I saw but it was real early:
131.jpg
[/IMG]
128.jpg
[/IMG]
120.jpg
[/IMG]
109.jpg
[/IMG]

Sounds like a great hunt! I see enough branches to get my drool going...

Recurve - That has GOT to be challenging!

I got to see pic's of two huge bulls taken just North of Helena last year. Both on public land with a bow.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back