Caribou Gear Tarp

Ling fishing

RobertR

I have been Ling (AKA Burbot) fishing over the Christmas break and doing quite well. I have been using large jigs with sucker meat and being very aggressive jigging and have caught some descent ling over thirty inches, the problem is you can only keep one over twenty eight inches and a limit of three and there seems to be some good ones this year. Can't wait for the fish derby and I sure hope the full moon falls around then because it seems the ling bite is better.

LING1.jpg

LING2.jpg

crawhook.jpg

Nice, we used to do quite well on the ling fishing as well on CC. I hate the derby though, we fished the entire length of the derby the last two years and didn't catch a single fish between 5 of us.

You fishing the cliffs, or elsewhere?

Little Canyon Creek
Yes they do like the deeper water but mostly during the daylight hours. At night and early mourning you can find them in shallow water at about ten feet but as daylight breaks they tend to move to deeper water.
The reason they come to the shallower water is because the cray fish are closer to shore. Right now there diet consist of cray fish and sow bugs.

No I have not fished the cliffs on CC only where the rocky shores are and I try to find a ledge because they seem to try and hide in a hole like catfish.

Click on the picture to watch the fish thief.

Ugliest, best tasting fish out there. They don't even have a limit on them in most of our lakes.

I think they are cool looking, but they slime up pretty quickly after they die. I pull the skin off while they are on the ice.

Those fish are so ugly they're cool! I think I've heard them called "snot rockets" and from the looks of it that would be appropriate...

Back