Letting the go...

1_pointer

My oldest son (turns 6 in June) is flat ate up with fishing. He absolutely loves it. I live in a subdivision with the required drainage ponds. I don't know how they got stocked, but they have fish in them. I can't count how many hours I've spent with him fishing that little bit of water.

That said, this past weekend him and I headed down to our cabin in southern Indiana as I was needed to help my brother in law do some work on the place. My BIL's son (13) is idolized by my son. If I know where or what the 13yo is doing I know exactly what my son is doing. We weren't done with work for the day, but the boys wanted to go fishing in a stock pond in the neighbors pasture. I'm not sure my wife would have allowed it, but I let my son go after giving each of them a bit of a speech about the ground rules. Lo and behold, after a couple of hours they only caught one fish, but is was the biggest Largemouth my son's caught to date. To say he was proud was a bit of an understatement...

D157CC2A-14F7-4E16-B7B1-258C22C51B15-9677-0000064B63CC9D70_zpsb17f2f5b.jpg

I know all kids go through different, "what I want to be when I grow up" phases. Right now he's stuck on "I want to get money to go fishing"! :cool:

That is awesome! Some of the best threads! Thanks for sharing.

Love it! The fishing bug bit me around age 4 or 5 and the effects have lasted 40 plus years. I still can't pass a farm pond without wanting to find out what's in it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back