PEAX Equipment

let the trapping begin!

Very cool! I know how an eastern coyote can test your equipment. I bet a big grey could really tear things up Good luck to everyone this season. I'll be watching for pics.

Is this going to be a resident only thing??Be a real good reason to pack my gear and make the trip if I was allowed a crack at them

I bet Randy is tempted to give it a try.

For sure. Gonna be boiling some traps in the coming weeks, then letting them hang for a few months.

This is more exciting than having a limited entry bull tag in my pocket. Might not be that feeling for everyone, but as someone who had to let wolves out of my traps in the past, this is long overdue.

I fully intend to tag all three of my quota by the end of February, barring some unforseen event. Any Bozeman guys wanna learn how to trap wolves? I can always use someone to tag along when checking the traps.

Big Fin,
How on earth do you let a pissed off wolf out of a trap? I'm thinking shoot it first then let it out.

Whos gonna step up and release this one?

Attachments

• medora lion 2.jpg
    medora lion 2.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 539
Big Fin,
How on earth do you let a pissed off wolf out of a trap? I'm thinking shoot it first then let it out.

I didn't. The USFWS and wardens did. :D

Actually, a wolf in a trap is pretty subdued. Even more so than a coyote. I would be way more worried about trying to release a cat; bobcat, mountain lion; lynx, than I would a wolf.

Man that is great! I think the #9 wolf specials or CDRs would be in order. I don't know if my Montana Specials would hold those big dogs!

I did release an otter here this spring in Nebraska and that was enough of a rodeo. I had him in a laminated Duke 1 3/4 that I had in a water se for coons. I called Game and Parks and my buddy came out and helped me. I have never seen a critter that can be in so many places at once-incredible!

I hope if you catch one, that the camera is following you. I just watched Game Keepers on TV and they had a show on snaring coyotes. It is great to see trapping showing up on TV once-in-a-while.

This is indeed good news. There's been a lot of us that have worked very hard to get trapping included in the management of wolves. Now that it's there, we need to know that we are going to be under a microscope, maybe forever.

Looks like I'll need to put some new steel on the line. :D

For sure. Gonna be boiling some traps in the coming weeks, then letting them hang for a few months.

This is more exciting than having a limited entry bull tag in my pocket. Might not be that feeling for everyone, but as someone who had to let wolves out of my traps in the past, this is long overdue.

I fully intend to tag all three of my quota by the end of February, barring some unforseen event. Any Bozeman guys wanna learn how to trap wolves? I can always use someone to tag along when checking the traps.

hey big fin im in butte i have some traps and would like to learn how... i have seen some wolves over by bozeman before in my good elk spot.

Anyone find anything ont he electronic calls? I am assuming that portion failed since I can't find anything

They passed electronic calls but will have to be ok'd by legislature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back