Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Lehigh Defense 357 magnum Extreme Penetrator

Bronco68

Has anyone out there had any experience with hand loading, and hunting, with the Lehigh defense 140gr Extreme Penetrator 357 magnum?

I've used them on hogs out of my Marlin 1894. They work fairly well but bullet placement is still critical. The damage wasn't as much as I was expecting after watching the videos. The Xtreme Hunter ammo did much more damage. No problems with complete penetration with either round.

I’ve started playing around with hand loading with Blue Dot. My Hornady manual has a maximum charge of 13.1 gr, but my most recent trial has been with 12.9 gr. Velocity using my 5.5” Freedom Arms 97 on my Caldwell chronograph was impressive, but suspect some artifactual influence from variable cloudy lighting conditions which may have skewed the results; 1716 and 1719 fps with cut down 360 Dan Wesson brass, and 1680 fps using 11.9 gr in cut down 357 maximum brass, both were Starline brass.

I've used them on hogs out of my Marlin 1894. They work fairly well but bullet placement is still critical. The damage wasn't as much as I was expecting after watching the videos. The Xtreme Hunter ammo did much more damage. No problems with complete penetration with either round.
Was the Xtreme Hunter round the loaded 120gr ammunition offering from Underwood?

Was the wound consistent from entry to exit, and if not, how far into the pig did it go before it lost its wounding potential?
With the Xtreem Hunters, the entry and exit wounds are about the same size but the inside was a bloody mess. I've never had a pig stop one, but I've not shot a real big one with them either. On the Xtreem Penetrators, there was some tissue damage but not as much. I really wanted to try to get a two for one bullet, but the situation never presented itself.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back