PEAX Equipment

Lavina Montana

Trial153

Can anyone tell a little about the area? Demographic, weather oddities, local history ect? Most likely flying Billings later this week to look at some properties to the west towards Bozeman, an area I am more familiar with. However something north near Lavina got my attention. Thinking of riding up to look at it.
Thank you in advance
Jimmy

Can anyone tell a little about the area? Demographic, weather oddities, local history ect? Most likely flying Billings later this week to look at some properties to the west towards Bozeman, an area I am more familiar with. However something north near Lavina got my attention. Thinking of riding up to look at it.
Thank you in advance
Jimmy
I had a very very gay California transplant call fwp on me one year for punching a couple whitetail b tags across from the post office. Apparently they where his “pets” me and my buddy still get a laugh about that over 10 years later

Thank you in advance
Jimmy
Sick of the NR game? mtmuley

Thanks for the chuckle i still laugh every time I drive thru that town and text him. “Ow you think this is funny why are you two laughing” game warden was super cool when he showed up at my place we also had a good laugh about it

Thank you in advance
Jimmy
Try doing a search for a book called "Dawn in Golden Valley". Its serve as a history nearly all of the local homesteads. You may find one for sell on ebay or Abe books.

I had a very very gay California transplant call fwp on me one year for punching a couple whitetail b tags across from the post office. Apparently they where his “pets” me and my buddy still get a laugh about that over 10 years later

I will be on the look out for him! Pet deer eat the best

Sick of the NR game? mtmuley

Not at all. I hunt where and as much I as want to. I live in a beautiful place, with great people and close to my family. That’s worth more to me than resident days any day.

I'd personally go look if it's property. It's a pretty cool area.. but I like podunk Montana towns. I think it was a stage post for travelers back in the day. but I could be wrong I don't know much about the town.. Just drove threw a couple times so not much help for history... but I'd still go check it out. It's not super far from billings and you can always hit hwy 191 back towards bozo.

Thanks for the chuckle i still laugh every time I drive thru that town and text him. “Ow you think this is funny why are you two laughing” game warden was super cool when he showed up at my place we also had a good laugh about it
I can so see it happen lol there's alot of podunk towns you can hunt in still. Or even the bigger city's with archery or shotguns.. so I can see a transplant throwing a tiff. I have a old Cali guy who retired and moved in behind my place, and he lost his mind when I got a fox in the chicken coop. and he throws a stink about me getting the skunks that come around lol he's odd.. I feel like I can visually see this one haha

I can so see it happen lol there's alot of podunk towns you can hunt in still. Or even the bigger city's with archery or shotguns.. so I can see a transplant throwing a tiff. I have a old Cali guy who retired and moved in behind my place, and he lost his mind when I got a fox in the chicken coop. and he throws a stink about me getting the skunks that come around lol he's odd.. I feel like I can visually see this one haha
Same thing happened where I grew up so Cali’s bought a place out of town and these elk lived on this field. Rifle season rolls around that first year some guys killed like 3 bulls off it. 2-3 sheriffs and a couple wardens showed up lights on lol no tickets where issued

Thank you in advance
Jimmy
One stop-sign town, and calling it a town would be generous. It is pretty small (Census shows 136 people). I would guess you aren't looking at house in city limits. The area varies quite a bit depending on the direction you look Bull Mts to the east, Snowies to the NW, etc. Like anyplace, your view of it depends on what you are looking to get out of it.

Someone was trying to open a brewery, it might be up and going. Good people, pretty open prairie depending on which way you are looking.

My son and I hunted antelope out of Lavina for sixteen years, starting when he turned 6 yrs old. Musselshell Valley is a beautiful place, especially in autumn, with great antelope, turkeys, and deer habitat.

My son and I hunted antelope out of Lavina for sixteen years, starting when he turned 6 yrs old. Musselshell Valley is a beautiful place, especially in autumn, with great antelope, turkeys, and deer habitat.

Thats fantastic info! Thank you!

Lavina is not a bad little spot if your looking for peace and quiet. Also close enough to billings for any shopping needs. Musselshell right there too if your into fishing.

Im pretty sure this is puritanical slang for 'vagina':

womanspocket.png

I used to hunt antelope and birds in the area. The antelope permits have gotten much harder draw and there are much better places to go for hunting birds. It’s nice enough - 'peace and quiet' is right - but scenic as the area is, it isn’t somewhere I’d ever want to spend time outside hunting seasons.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure this is puritanical slang for 'vagina':

View attachment 318181

I used to hunt antelope and birds in the area. The antelope permits have gotten much harder draw and there are much better places to go for hunting birds. It’s nice enough - 'peace and quiet' is right - but scenic as the area is, it isn’t somewhere I’d ever want to spend time outside hunting seasons.

I been getting that feeling, appreciate the information!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back