Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Last Nights Dinner!

Elkwhisper

Marinated the whole breast in Sun Dried Tomato Dressing and Teryiki and cooked it on low heat on the grill. Definitely the best Wild Turkey I have eaten.

Ended up giving up on my bow, one stalk to soon. Managed to slip in a group of 5 birds, and took this one at about 30 yards.

Elkwhisper

Attachments

• 07springturkeycsized.JPG
    07springturkeycsized.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 134
Just "invented" ;) an even better way to eat up those dry old birds. I just took some left over turkey breast (see post above) and cut it up into thin strips. I then cross cut it again into little thin squares. I added the meat to a Whole Wheat / Pepper Jack grilled cheese sandwitch and man was it good. I thought it would just be a good way to use up the extra turkey, but I have been craving another sandwich for the last 4 hours. It was so good, I think I might have to talk the wife into getting a tag, just so I can have some more turkey to eat hump !

Elkwhisper

Elk when Jacob finishes school for this year I will be grilling up his Turkey.

What would you say the best marinate is for birds?

Marinade

I usually use what's handy, but this last time came out really good! Used a little red wine, some sun dried tomato dressing (itallian would work), some garlic teryaki sauce, and a little bit of brown sugar. Soak it overnight and then just grill on low / medium heat.

Had it again for lunch today, and it is still GOOOOOOOOOOD!hump

Back