MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Landowner tags

I know nothing about them, so curiosity caused me to do a quick search. Partially explained at this link. http://gf.state.wy.us/web2011/HUNTING-1001116.aspx#sect11

Landowner Licenses

Individuals who qualify for landowner elk, deer, antelope or wild turkey licenses must apply within the application period to the game warden in the area where subject lands are located. Landowner applications can be obtained at the Cheyenne headquarters office, Department regional offices or on the WGFD website.

Landowners are allowed to apply for one (1) reduced price landowner license per big game species in addition to one (1) full price landowner license.

Minimum requirements are 160 acres of deeded land and 2,000 animal use days annually by each species for which applied. Nonresident landowners should contact the local game warden to determine eligibility well before January 20 for elk and March 15 for deer and antelope. Resident landowners should contact the local game warden well before May 15

That makes sense. Seems like it would be hard for anyone except the landowner to determine, but with 365 days in a year I guess you'd only need 6 animals a day on your property..

Thanks big fin for your help. And i was also wondering about the 2000 animal usage but I guess I have to contact my local game warden and he can determine weather the animals are using my property.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back