Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Lamping Land Rover

EnglishStalker

I finally got round to building a shooting rail for lamping foxes at night, horn speaker so the foxpro can stay safely in the vehicle. Now I just need to find the time to get out with the rifle.

EnglishStalker that's quite the rig you've built. In the States, we would say we were "spotlighting" instead of your term lamping, and everywhere in the States, shooting from a vehicle is illegal without a special exemption that is sometimes made for handicapped hunters (varies state by state).

We can shoot foxes all year round here but I don't on a personal level, I believe that they should be allowed to rear their young in peace like many other species. Having watched the FoxPro episodes on YouTube I thought that in many States you could night hunt? Certainly Texas and Pennsylvania?

We can shoot foxes all year round here but I don't on a personal level, I believe that they should be allowed to rear their young in peace like many other species. Having watched the FoxPro episodes on YouTube I thought that in many States you could night hunt? Certainly Texas and Pennsylvania?

Many states do allow night hunting, even with spotlights. It's shooting from the vehicle that is different from us.

I've seen rigs set up like that for prairie dog shooting over here in the states. Looks like fun.

Here in the U.S. it is quite common that dare I say most ranchers put spot lights right out the drivers window, lot easier looking controlling and driving slowly, not to mention law enforcement vehicles have them to. Seems a lot less work then what you have went thru, just my two cents.

Here in the U.S. it is quite common that dare I say most ranchers put spot lights right out the drivers window, lot easier looking controlling and driving slowly, not to mention law enforcement vehicles have them to. Seems a lot less work then what you have went thru, just my two cents.

Two people, one driving and working the lamp the other sat in the back with the rifle. There's no difficulty evolved.

I don't believe it is illegal to shoot from a vehicle on private land for a non game species (coyote or fox in MT) perhaps I'm wrong.

Neat little rig

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back