Kuiu sizing tall skinny guy

bisblue

I've mostly worn First Lite, but was reading that Kuiu was a more athletic fit. I'm 6'3" around 175, long time rock climber, skinny dude, little bit wide in the shoulders. I would love to find out the Merino 200 hoodie would be long enough in a Medium, but I usually have to upsize to a large.... Anyone else with a similar build have Kuiu experience to share?

Picture of my OHVs.

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_133329_801.jpg
    IMG_20200909_133329_801.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
Similar build, 6'1", 180 and fairly fit and have mostly Kuiu. Yes, most of the gear is more athletic fit. I use all XL's unless I want a really tight fit. The Large Guide jacket in particular was very tight in the pits, so I had to upsize. Arms are bit long now but it works. If you have any lats at all you'll need to go up. I would doubt a medium will do it for you.

I'm similar to you. 6'1, 175lb. I essentially fall between large and XL in Kuiu. Baselayers and fleece I seem to be a large and outerwear seems to be XL. Outerwear seems to be a little loose, however, but large is pretty tight. Some of the large fleece tops (peloton 200) are pretty short in the body too, which is kind of annoying.

6' 2" & 180. Swimmers build. Long torso. 32x34 bottoms.
Large tall is as small as I go. XL is usual choice to get a sleeve near my wrist and then it's baggy around body.
I wear my baselayer bottoms med. to get waist to fit and the legs are short.

I'm similar to you. 6'1, 175lb. I essentially fall between large and XL in Kuiu. Baselayers and fleece I seem to be a large and outerwear seems to be XL. Outerwear seems to be a little loose, however, but large is pretty tight. Some of the large fleece tops (peloton 200) are pretty short in the body too, which is kind of annoying.
Bummer, I was hoping the body length would be a little longer, that's really my only issue with FL as well.

I've mostly worn First Lite, but was reading that Kuiu was a more athletic fit. I'm 6'3" around 175, long time rock climber, skinny dude, little bit wide in the shoulders. I would love to find out the Merino 200 hoodie would be long enough in a Medium, but I usually have to upsize to a large.... Anyone else with a similar build have Kuiu experience to share?

Picture of my OHVs.
6'1"....175lbs. I buy all Large stuff from KUIU and it fits fine, even with layering

Bummer, I was hoping the body length would be a little longer, that's really my only issue with FL as well.
It is a little weird. The Peloton 200 hoodie fits well other than it is short, but the 200 and 97 quarter zip are a little longer and fit well. The big reason I went to XL in a couple of pieces is my wingspan and I wanted to put a few layers underneath. I'd say order both, their return process is simple.

It is a little weird. The Peloton 200 hoodie fits well other than it is short, but the 200 and 97 quarter zip are a little longer and fit well. The big reason I went to XL in a couple of pieces is my wingspan and I wanted to put a few layers underneath. I'd say order both, their return process is simple.
Perfect, I really want to try the 200 hoodie.

I’m 6’4” and 195 pounds. I have the XL Guide jacket and as others have said it is a little short in the body. Sitka in their tall sizes fits me better, followed by First Lite.

I’m 6’4” and 195 pounds. I have the XL Guide jacket and as others have said it is a little short in the body. Sitka in their tall sizes fits me better, followed by First Lite.
Make everything in tall or just some things? Looking now

I ended up getting a kryptek arma hoody. Wool blend, definitely good tall guy sizing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back