Kuiu pack question

Jimmy G

Does anyone know if the frames and suspension system of the icon pro and the ultra are the same? I know the bags are interchangeable, but just wondering if the icon is more stout.

Thanks

Thanks... For nothing!

I see the carbon fiber frames look the same, both say load tested to 150lbs, but can find anything about the suspension system. In the pictures I can't tell if they are the same or not.

Call Dallas Moore or Tiffany at the KUIU store in Dixon Ca. He'll answer any of your questions.

Carbon fiber frames are the same. Icon Pro belt and shoulder straps are different from the Ultra belt and shoulder straps.
Hope this helps

Outstanding! A phone call to their office would have given you the answer, their website has the info too and finally, well, google was suggested. Ha! Fortunately someone answered it for you.

I have the Icon Pro 5200 and I love it!. As was explained, the frame is the same, but everything else on the Ultra is different. And FYI, Kuiu has amazing customer service. Give them a call about anything.

Last edited:
Must be a full moon or something. This was a rough crowd on this thread. :D

Note to self.......never ask a question about equipment on this forum.

Don't be afraid, I figured that link would be taken as more wise ass than a-hole. I always try and be helpful to folks, and in this case provided the answer right from the company itself instead of "some guy on the internet said".

Haha. Dang. My pennies.. Ive owned both and prefer the ultra 6000

Back