Kuiu Icon Pro 3200 vs. Metcalf Pintler

Gobbler24

I'm looking at these 2 packs and wondering what the pros and cons are. I'm looking for a pack to take on a mule deer hunt in Montana this fall. We'll be day hunting out of a camp so I mostly need it for hauling gear for a day and also if I get lucky enough to kill one haul it out. Thanks.

I have the KUIU inco pro and love it! Last year I hauled out my deer 1/2 at a time and helped on a bull elk with a quarter and back strap! No issues! Not sure where you're located but I had mine fitted to my self with 25 lbs in it at KUIU ! Good luck.

I just got a new icon pro 1850 for doing a hunt just like you. I haven't used it yet but I can tell you it is a high quality pack and seems plenty big for day hunts.

I have the Kuiu Icon Pro 3200 and use it for antelope and mule deer day hunts. It works great for me and I have no complaints. I have the 1850 bag also and IMO it will work for day hunts but I found it a bit on the small side especially when it gets colder out and I need to carry more clothes.

If someone could only get one bag for day hunts I recommend going with the 3200.

I don't know anything about the Metcalf Pintler so i can't comment on it.

I like my icon pro better than the MR Longbow.

If you go Kuiu get the icon. Much more comfortable than the Ultra.

Back