KUIU and Peay/SFW

The amount of money Jason has, SFW is his friend because they will make more tags available to people with his kind of money. He is far from the common hunter, the polar opposite in fact.

Regarding SFW/BGF

I would like more avenues of info on SFW/BGF. I have heard lots of unfavorable things and have seen some. I only feed my opinion with facts and leave my emotions to the side until confirmation. Thank folks.

I would like more avenues of info on SFW/BGF. I have heard lots of unfavorable things and have seen some. I only feed my opinion with facts and leave my emotions to the side until confirmation. Thank folks.

Good news for you is that you have a computer and internet connection. Should be able to find a ton of info with a few more keystrokes.

Don has been a great asset to utahs wildlife!! utah has some of the best elk and deer hunting in the world. So what if hes making a living, no different than Hunttalks posterboy david allen.

Evidently you've forgotten all the evidence to the contrary. When the organization he built is a front for his income, and takes money from hard working people under the pretense that's it's going for "on the ground" wildlife improvements, then it turns out to just a small percentage of what the group takes in actually goes for those things, speaks volumes.

Attachments

• SFW tax form 2010.jpg
    SFW tax form 2010.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 966
  • SFW tax form.jpg
    SFW tax form.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 961
Last edited:
Does anyone know of other products or companies that are friendly with Peay?

If Trump Jr. coming to the Expo raises awareness of the threat to the average hunter posed by the seizure of public lands, then this is a great benefit to our public-land cause.

So many Utah hunters have not seen the relationship between the land grab and the loss of public lands for hunting. It has been extremely difficult to get any traction among Utahns and this could hopefully raise the front-of-mind awareness for the first time.

By bringing a big public land supporter to their Expo and giving him a microphone and then trying to latch into his coattails, SFW is potentially forcing themselves to take a pro-public land position.

This actually could be very good as far as making Utah hunters aware of the dangers posed by Rob Bishop, Ken Ivory, Mike Lee, and Gov. Herbert.

$888,384 worth of guided hunting tours on their 2013 return. Take a few minutes and look the nonsense they call a 990 form over. Over $1.6m in landowner tags and big game hunts and permits. They bring in all this money and spent a whopping $185k on big game habitat improvement. I'm sure Big Fin could raise more than that in a week on here by taking donations from members. At least the names of their shady CPAs are on the form, along with their "West Rim Capital Partners". Lots of gaps in that form.

Does anyone know of other products or companies that are friendly with Peay?

Several years ago Keith Marks (Macmillin River Adventures tv show and Yukon guiding service) waxed poetic about SFW and BGF organizations and all they were doing to promote wildlife. BGF is still a ""sponsor" of the show per the show's website.

Several years ago Keith Marks (Macmillin River Adventures tv show and Yukon guiding service) waxed poetic about SFW and BGF organizations and all they were doing to promote wildlife. BGF is still a ""sponsor" of the show per the show's website.

Yup, he was doing it in conjunction with a professional wrassler. How fitting that BGF and SFW spend their welfare money from tag raffles and auctions to hire a professional wrassler to be their spokesman. I doubt I am the only person who sees the humor in that relationship.

Git ya some ...

shawn-michaels-muscle-pose-wwe-title_zpszk9nmfqi.jpg

Is the Burns guy from MT the same one that used to post here? I remember his pard being ran off due to comments made about someone's daughter but don't remember him being forced to leave. If it is the same he should log back on...

Is the Burns guy from MT the same one that used to post here? I remember his pard being ran off due to comments made about someone's daughter but don't remember him being forced to leave. If it is the same he should log back on...

Ryan Payne? No idea. I don't think they let you have the interwebs in the hoosegow though. :)

If you are going to the expo, stop by the KUIU booth and let them know what you think of SFW. Jason has his listening ears on and is interested in other hunter's perspectives.

Educate, don't alienate the dude.

Very informative thread guys, thanks for sharing all the info and history. I think Ben is spot on that this is a great opportunity to educate Jason and not alienate him. Whether you like him/Kuiu or not, fact is it is a big, well known company in the hunting industry, so his voice does get heard by many, many hunters.

On a side note, there is a Big Game Forever billboard just east of Bozeman on I-90. I chaps my ass each time I drive by it. If anyone knows the costs and process to go about acquiring that space for a better cause (RMEF, BHA, etc.) feel free to reach out to me. Maybe we can gather up enough support and cash to lease that space away from BGF.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back