Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

killer deal on Norma .308 Win ammo

Those are the same type of ammo "wallets" Nosler uses on their ammo too. Love it!

Those are the same type of ammo "wallets" Nosler uses on their ammo too. Love it!
I just started buying nosler this year but the wallets are definitely not like that on the two different types I have purchased.2DE6BD3A-4724-4374-9127-04B606BED52D.jpeg

Huh, odd. they must have switched up the packaging. then again, it's been more than a few years since I bought that ammo...

follow up: This ammo shoots great in this year's rifle of choice. Christensen CA10 in .308 with 24" barrel.

Elk #1. Raghorn 5x5 at 520 yards. Three shots in the chest. It was dead on it's feet after the first shot and never took a step, but I kept shooting until it was down. No exits, no bullet recovery.

Elk #2. Small cow and 310 yards. Broadside behind shoulder, she ran 50 yards and crashed. No exit, no bullet recovery.

I feel 100% comfortable using this on deer and elk. Wish I'd of bought more at that price.

Attachments

• 20221029_094207.jpg
    20221029_094207.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20221030_085348.jpg
    20221030_085348.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 22
I can also report back on this ammo.

Rifle: Christensen Arms Ridgeline 24”.

As much as I know the bullet profile is slightly different, this ammo is essentially identical to Federal Blue Box. Both chrono spot on at 2800 fps. The Federal grouped .4” at 100 yards, the Norma grouped .5”, same point of impact.

At this price and accuracy, well, I’d say I should have bought more but even a case will last me a lifetime of hunting.

Huh, odd. they must have switched up the packaging. then again, it's been more than a few years since I bought that ammo...
My guess is that it changed when Nosler stopped using Norma brass.

I placed a large order from this place last night, some of the underwood loads are cheaper then underwood is selling them for, figured I might as well. Shipping was reasonable, they did add a small surcharge, think loss boxes were .25c a box and cases didn’t show it. I did call them and leave a message about possible adding to the order today however I haven’t heard back. If I get a shipping notice I will just place a second order

View attachment 238619The plastic cases that stuff comes in is second to none. You can snap it apart and have 5 round pieces and the shells lock in and do not move. The plastic cases are amazing and the stuff has shot well for me!

Do you just bend it back at the top to snap it off? I was helping a guy at the range a couple weeks ago who had a HELL of a time trying to get his ammo out of the plastic😂

I've been preaching the norma whitetail for a while now. I bought a bunch of 7mm-08 for like 25 a box, shoots absolutely phenomenal as well. I think my best group is 3.5 inches at 400 yards.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back