Keto bread baking

Sure it's sustainable. Why would it not be? I'm going on three years of being on keto, and don't ever plan to quit.
Genuine question as I've never tried it: what does an average week for you look like in terms of meals? Also, do you feel your grocery bill has gotten more or less expensive?

My sisters tired the keto diet for a while and they did loose weight but it is not a diet that is sustainable long term. Just like all the other fad diets out there.
I think you're right, at least if it is done correctly. From what I understand it isn't necessarily healthy to be in ketosis long term. It also probably isn't optimal for performance. I also think there is a difference between the keto diet and actually being in ketosis. To actually be in ketosis you have to have near zero carbohydrate intake and I bet people who think they are "keto" are just on a low carb diet.

Genuine question as I've never tried it: what does an average week for you look like in terms of meals? Also, do you feel your grocery bill has gotten more or less expensive?

Meat, and eggs, simple. It's either deer steak/burger, pork, or beef, every day. Salmon occasionally as well, maybe once a week.

I have never kept track of my grocery bill, but I know we have to be spending a lot less than we used to. Pretty much all I ever buy at the grocery store is beef steaks, whatever I can get on sale, which is usually $3.99 or $4.99 a pound. Very rarely I'll splurge and spend maybe $6.99 a pound if they have some really good steaks like T bones for that price. We bought a pig from a local farmer so the freezer is well stocked with pork, and it's always full of deer, sometimes elk.

I also buy bacon at the grocery store, as we didn't have any bacon done with the pig we bought. And I buy heavy whipping cream for my coffee. Eggs I get from a couple of local people who have backyard chickens. Trips to the grocery store are pretty quick for me. I'm in and out in no time. Cooking is so much easier as well.

I have done healthy keto (Dr. Berg) for 8 months lost 25 lbs and didnt have to take some pills anymore. Then quit cause too busy w kids and wife's special diet and missing lasagna, a good bread and sweets. I ate 90 sec bread toasted or browned w butter in skillet for a sandwich. I made in a bow and have to toast it.l Here is link. https://www.eatingonadime.com/the-best-90-second-bread-recipe/#wprm-recipe-container-17302
My buddy gave me some erythritol sweetener labeled (not cocaine) right before I quit. With some of the more exotic sweeteners, thickeners and flours he made some good breads and sweets that were keto.

Last edited:
My grocery bill has doubled while on keto.

I lost 12 lbs in the first three weeks, gained four back and have stayed that way for six weeks! About to quit this nonsense.

Been keto and intermittent fasting for over two months!

Anxiously awaiting a good keto bread. I live a low carb diet ( not keto) and have for five years. Short term I can forgo bread but long term I find it hard not to want a sandwich. Especially during hunting season. At home I do good. I like a sandwich and miss bread. Lettuce ain't a substitute for bread. I get by sometimes at camp with few pieces of chicken for lunch. Kind of a pain not being able to just grab some turkey and jam it between two peice of bread With some cheese and mustard For lunch.

Back